Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any recommendation on ceramic, graphene coating?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About to pick up my MY, since it's a black paint one, thought at least should apply some coating on the paint to make cleaning easier.
Go through some threads and youtube videos, so many products...
Anyone who is not a vendor maybe can give some suggestion? I have almost 0 exp on car detailing. Thanks in advance!

Avalon King for the win. After a lot of research, I ordered their product and had great results. I added a second bottle, IPA prep spray, and "booster" maintenance spray and it was still under $75. After coating my entire MYP (paint, wheels, glass), I still have enough left to do two more cars. We paid $1000 to have my wife's Audi Q5 done by a pro, and honestly the Avalon King coating looks better and has proven more durable. Plenty of DIY videos on YouTube to step you through it. If you can wax a car, you can do a ceramic coat.

Reactions: MidNJDrv and Krash
Avalon King for the win…If you can wax a car, you can do a ceramic coat.
I have three black cars. Two I had professionally prepped and coated with a five year product. The third I’m going to try myself with Avalon King for one year.

You’re in a great position as a new car should require little prep.

I’m waiting until it cools off. My understanding is that it isn’t as easy as waxing your car. But I’m pretty handy and going to learn.

Ceramic Pro is a great product to use, but I do not personally have any experience with other coating brands. Additionally, I do not believe you can order them directly, as they are only used at qualified installation shops.

Since your car will be newer, it should not have any swirls/scratches but under good lighting, you can find these pretty easy with black cars. Make sure to take note of ALL swirls/scratches before getting it coated and let the installer know you are aware of these. Most shops will offer paint correction services as part of their coating process. Paint correction is necessary, as coating over a non-paint corrected car this will ensure the scratches remain there.

Aside from that, the particular product is called 9H (base coat) and depending on how protected you want your paint to be, you can also get a top coat (recommended). The 9H acts as a base coat that is the foundation for the coating. The top coat strengthens this and allows for extra shine on your paint. When done correctly, the end result is perfect. Also, any dirt/debris that lands on your coated paint will come off instantly.

Reactions: MidNJDrv