Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any recommendation on Rim Repair Center?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I scratched my 21" gray turbine rim? No idea if its hard to do a repair on these kind of rim. Do anyone here have experienced with a good rim repair shop? Found 鈴師傅 somewhere on the forum. Any one have experience with them?

Much Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7277.jpg
    IMG_7277.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 181
Around 1800.. Is expensive but I think it worths as the material is very hard and durable comparing to those Korean or mainland made soft rubber one. I chose the black one and is nearly noticeable

the installation would require to take out some air from the tire and use hammer to punch it in so you will need a garage to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean is nearly unnoticable

Around 1800.. Is expensive but I think it worths as the material is very hard and durable comparing to those Korean or mainland made soft rubber one. I chose the black one and is nearly noticeable

the installation would require to take out some air from the tire and use hammer to punch it in so you will need a garage to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Many thanks! I will definitely do it as it costs a few hundred bucks to repair the scratches on the rims. BTW, did you do coating of your car? If so, what is your recommendation. My car is on the production queue and expected to arrive HK in 2-3 months.

12339341_1184481278233342_1347187497902255009_o.jpg
12365989_1184481338233336_8611471385749052547_o.jpg
12370908_1184481218233348_1739018476821810415_o.jpg
12371064_1184481291566674_604386739227760029_o.jpg

You can see the rim protector in the pic...

For coating, I used Ceramic Pro to do outside + inside. I think they are very good but I didn't really compare with others so I can't say they are 'better'... but definitely I think they are expensive... they charged 9000 for exterior and 4500 for wheels, windows and interior... One thing interesting is they even have a shuttle service to take you home after you drop off your car.. and it was a brand new MBenz S class... haha

Reactions: mkq786
Can the installation of alloygator be done offsite, say at my own car park? Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

You can see the rim protector in the pic...

For coating, I used Ceramic Pro to do outside + inside. I think they are very good but I didn't really compare with others so I can't say they are 'better'... but definitely I think they are expensive... they charged 9000 for exterior and 4500 for wheels, windows and interior... One thing interesting is they even have a shuttle service to take you home after you drop off your car.. and it was a brand new MBenz S class... haha

Has the coating been put on the car in these photos? What do they coat for the inside and windows? One thing for sure is that the shuttle cost is included in the price. Hope that they did not use their customers' cars to provide the service. Otherwise, yours might have been a shuttle for .....

I think the coat has not been fully applied on the pic yet. They did the plastic and leather coating inside which they claim to be more dirt resistance .. I guess it's so in case of light color.

i am pretty sure the car is the owner family car. The owner himself is a young guy but I guess he is from a rich family as you can see how much he have paid to make the shop so nice and proper. All the material he used is direct import from US which is very very fine.

I think the coat has not been fully applied on the pic yet. They did the plastic and leather coating inside which they claim to be more dirt resistance .. I guess it's so in case of light color.

i am pretty sure the car is the owner family car. The owner himself is a young guy but I guess he is from a rich family as you can see how much he have paid to make the shop so nice and proper. All the material he used is direct import from US which is very very fine.

Many thanks! May give it a try after collecting my MS.

Hi, I have installed the Alloygator by a garage at Happy Valley. The installation should be smooth but once I drove my Tesla for a while, it happened an alert saying "Check rear left tire pressure" but it had no reading, just "-- bar". I reset the tire pressure sensor and the problem persisted. However, when I check the tire, it was not deflated even after one week time. Can someone shed me some light on how to handle this problem? Thanks.