Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

GasKilla

No Gas Know Peace
Nov 11, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
IMG_0751.JPG
A 16 year old driver decided to cause a wreck on the freeway and did this damage to my MS. Looking for recommendations on a Tesla approved body shop in the LA area, I live in the valley but I'm willing to drive to a highly recommended shop.

View attachment 231255 A 16 year old driver decided to cause a wreck on the freeway and did this damage to my MS. Looking for recommendations on a Tesla approved body shop in the LA area, I live in the valley but I'm willing to drive to a highly recommended shop.

When I needed to install a Torklift hitch to my Model S (for a bike rack), the Van Nuys Service Center recommended Avio Coach Craft, about a mile away on Sepulveda.

They did a professional job, and I got an excellent vibe from the lead guy, Mitch.

When I recently got a minor scrape on my bumper, Mitch looked at it and then offered me options: full bumper repaint, spot repaint (both fairly priced), or spot touch-up (at a friendly zero price).

By all appearances, this approach has brought him lots of Tesla business.

Check him out and mention my name, Rob Levin (the little guy with the Midnight Silver Model S).

Reactions: GasKilla
Where did you end up going? :)

Hope everything is going smoothly!
No where yet, I'm visiting insurance purgatory until investigations are complete. I'm not at fault but there seems to be a lack of responsibility (and insurance) from the responsible party. So once that's cleared up I can move forward. Now if I have to use my own insurance, and you can provide a Tesla loaner for the length of my repair, that'd move your shop to the top of my list ;)

I don't recommend, Avio Coachcraft in van nuys despite the good reviews. It may have been an isolated incident but I'm not impressed. Had my rear bumper replaced and repainted there. Final inspection I noticed particles and dirt underneath the paint around the bumper sensors causing the paint to have minor cracks. Paint was also noticeably chipped when reinstalled back to the rear quarter. They told me "then what do you want me to do about it" they reluctantly buffed the area and called it done. Still doesn't look good to this day.