Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any recommended PPF installers in Nashville

wraithfive

Oct 29, 2020
TN
I searched and found an older thread where OP asked about PPF installers in Nashville but no one then named any and OP said he found one but never listed who it was or reported back on the results. So I'm trying again.

Does anyone recommend any PPF installers in Nashville or the surrounding area?

RMBW74

Feb 3, 2021
Nashville
I found Auto Armor in Mt Juliet on the xpel website. They tinted the windows on my husbands Challenger and did a great job. Would like to know if anyone has used them for PPF

wraithfive

Oct 29, 2020
TN
I found Auto Armor in Mt Juliet on the xpel website. They tinted the windows on my husbands Challenger and did a great job. Would like to know if anyone has used them for PPF
Good luck. It’s been two months and you are the only reply to my original question. Think we are on our own here.

RMBW74

Feb 3, 2021
Nashville
I was thinking of creating a post on the southeast regional thread... might get more Nashville specific traffic there. But it seems like all it is is people posting about superchargers.

RMBW74

Feb 3, 2021
Nashville
Couldn't hurt to try.
I found an old post on here from someone in Nashville who recommended Auto Armor in Mt Juliet. He had his 2015 Model S full PPF, and he said it was around $5000 for the PPF and tint. Said it is holding up well car has like 150k miles on it.

wraithfive

Oct 29, 2020
TN
Well I don’t know if it was a mistake but they quoted me $10k to do the full car. That just seems CRAZY
I've heard similar from people getting them in Chattanooga and such. It's seems crazy high to me too. I figured about 5-6k. But my biggest issue with taking it to Chattanooga or something is that they usually need it for a few days. I don't want to leave me car there that long. I may just skip it.

RMBW74

Feb 3, 2021
Nashville
I've heard similar from people getting them in Chattanooga and such. It's seems crazy high to me too. I figured about 5-6k. But my biggest issue with taking it to Chattanooga or something is that they usually need it for a few days. I don't want to leave me car there that long. I may just skip it.

Yeah they said the full car install would take 5 days.

wraithfive

Oct 29, 2020
TN
Maybe I should just get a quote for a whole repaint lol. Might be easier just to do that when it comes time to sell or trade it in if it's gotten bad enough that it affects the value.

Traveler85

Apr 27, 2018
Nashville, TN
Here's a summary of the quotes I got for PPF back in September. If you want the pricing for tint and ceramic, send me a DM. I was particularly searching for places that would do PPF, ceramic, and tint all in one shot. Note that none of them said they would take off the trim and wrap the full edges for PPF.

I ended up using The MADD Tinter and would highly recommend him. I was holding off on making any kind of recommendation until I had some time with the finished product, but he's really good. He matched pricing from other vendors and runs a very clean shop. If you contact him, you can tell him that Andrew referred you.

I was the very first Model Y he did so there was a learning curve there, but I know he's done a ton of them since. Rob made sure that everything was good with the quality of the end product. I brought it back into him a couple of times to trim some of the excess film, redo the rear taillight smoke, and get rid of a couple bubbles in the film. No charge for any of that.
  • TruShine
    • Eric has also done some work with Velocity Motorcars
    • Ultimate Plus
      • Full Front - $1699
      • Rear Custom piece - $50
      • Rear Doors - $600
      • Full Vehicle - $5999
    • Stealth
      • Full Vehicle - $5999
  • Velocity Motorcars
    • Ultimate Plus
      • Full Front - $1700 (hood, fenders, bumpers, mirror)
      • Full Vehicle - $6000
    • Stealth
      • Full Vehicle - $6000
  • The MADD Tinter
    • Ultimate Plus - 10 year
      • Full Front - $1650 (hood, fenders, bumpers, mirror, A pillars)
      • Full Vehicle - $6000
    • Stealth
      • $6500 (matched to $6000 upon calling)
      • Includes full polish

• Informative
Reactions: wraithfive

RMBW74

Feb 3, 2021
Nashville
Awesome. Thanks so much for that info. I’ve only had one place get back to me with a quote and they wanted $10000 to do the whole car!

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC