Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Recommended Tesla EV Charger Installers in NYC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody??? I've been trying to find somebody myself. They all want a ridiculous amount of money to do a simple install with only a 5-10' run from my panel. I know working in NYC is a PITA but the few quotes I got were ridiculous, around $2k. It is a single family house, no access issues, a new panel that was just approved by NYC buildings. The guys that did the panel were solar installers and they won't do any other work.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Hello,

I am looking into getting a Tesla wall charger installed in my house in Queens, NY. Does anyone have an installer that they used and recommend?
don't get a "tesla approved installer". that just means you will pay more. any electrician should be able to do it if they didn't get their license from a cracker jack box. 60A breaker and 6 AWG wire. should be $1000-$1500 usually including charger and everything

• Helpful
Reactions: MYNYC and Rocky_H
I have a guy coming tomorrow to do the install. He wanted $550 for the job and I suspect that's $500 labor and $50 for materials. I have the wall charger already. That's still a fraction of what the other guys wanted. He at least stopped by to take a look and realized it is a relatively simple job.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
I have a guy coming tomorrow to do the install. He wanted $550 for the job and I suspect that's $500 labor and $50 for materials. I have the wall charger already. That's still a fraction of what the other guys wanted. He at least stopped by to take a look and realized it is a relatively simple job.
That's a pretty sus quote. $50 in material? That like a few feet of 6AWG.