Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any referrals for shops in Etobicoke/GTA supplying winter wheel/tire packages?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Taking delivery of my MYP in a couple of weeks or so. Looking for any recent referrals for a place in or around Etobicoke ideally, GTA otherwise, that supplies winter wheel/tire packages, that would include the BLE TPMS sensors.

Hi,

Taking delivery of my MYP in a couple of weeks or so. Looking for any recent referrals for a place in or around Etobicoke ideally, GTA otherwise, that supplies winter wheel/tire packages, that would include the BLE TPMS sensors.
Lots of different places, but I live north of Toronto so I don't know any in the Etobicoke. I personally go to Extreme Wheel and Tire at Yonge and Elgin Mills, I just got my winter wheel and tire set there for my SR+ Model 3.

Just a word on the TPMS. Currently for all 2021 Model 3 and Y, there are no aftermarket places for them. So everyone including all the local tire shops buys them from Tesla. If you can buy these on your own, that would likely be better -> a) likely any 3rd party place sourcing these will have a mark up over the 95CAD+tax that Tesla sells them for; b) some places don't even bother sourcing them, asking you to get them on your own in the first place

Spence tires are good, although they are out in Scarborough https://www.spencetire.com/model-y2.html. I wouldn't suggest Active Green and Ross - too many complaints about them. You can also try KalTire. Would suggest the Michelins X-ICE or Nokians. You probably will have to talk with whoever you go with about the TPMS sensors. I bought a set out of Tesla @Lawrence.
Thanks @TrevTremaine I ordered a kit form Spence. I tried WheelsCo, KiplingTire, KalTire as well. Spence had what I was looking for, and it was all in stock: Replika R241 R241-1995-65BT+45C641 and Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 SUV 255/45R19. TPMS is extra, but that's to be expected.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
I deal with Kipling Tire-good location if you are in central or south Etobicoke. They have been good. They know Teslas and will get you TPMS, rims & tires. Note that this time of year is very, very busy at all tire places.
Was there today to have winter tires put on. For those who store tires with them, as of today, I overheard that there is a 3 week wait to get appointment to have your summers removed & winters put on. Don't know about new orders and packages.

• Informative
Reactions: TrevTremaine
lots of good places, I personally recommend , also a sponsor for Tesla owners ontario

Getting mine done at Simply Tire. I had to buy the BT TPMS from Tesla and it was still cheaper. This is the rim they are using with Sottozero 3 tires

Attachments

• F1F3583B-53DA-4C9C-9890-3AEB227339D8.png
    F1F3583B-53DA-4C9C-9890-3AEB227339D8.png
    861.8 KB · Views: 126
Reactions: SETautocare