Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any rental car service in Japan provide Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am thinking to buy a Tesla in Kyushu, but thinking about whether can rental it first to see whether it can adapt my life style. (Mainly concern about charging facility, my mansion cannot install charging plug but I am around 20 min drive from supercharger)

I am thinking to buy a Tesla in Kyushu, but thinking about whether can rental it first to see whether it can adapt my life style. (Mainly concern about charging facility, my mansion cannot install charging plug but I am around 20 min drive from supercharger)
(1) For renting, I think AnyCa is your best bet. Install the AnyCa app - it's like Turo in the US. The app is completely in Japanese so please get help from your friend. The app creator is a large Japanese company so it's trustworthy, but the users renting our their Teslas may not be so just be careful.

(2) Re; home charging in your apartment - I was able to convince the HOA to install charging for our condo with the condition that I pay all the cost. In Tokyo we have a subsidy so I paid less than $1K to install. If you are renting, you can ask your owner about it - I heard a story about Tesla owner who convinced the apartment owner to install charging. Also in this case, the renter paid the installation cost.

Use any AnyCa. The traditional rental cars companies are just your normal fleet model Japanese cars.

Has anything changed in the rental market for Japan? Seems like it might take a good week to hit up all the Superchargers in the country

Screen Shot 2022-12-19 at 2.11.51 PM.png

52 Superchargers, 65 hours 41 minutes (2611 miles) 56 h 58 m driving, 7 h 1 m charging, 1 h 40 m on a ferry

What a great way to see the country, especially great if the Supercharging were included.

Of course it's winter, perhaps Israel or the UAE would be warmer, but many less chargers then Japan

Last edited: