Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any risks ordering inventory cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems that the discounts on Model Y's are a bit higher now in early Q2 2024. My configured Model Y long-range with white exterior, white interior, 7-seats and tow hitch comes to $54,990, but there is a new inventory car with same specs for $49,590, a savings of $5,400! Oregon has a $2500 EV Rebate (and $7500 rebate for lower income) running just from April 3 to June 3.

Including the $1,390 Destination Fee, $250 Order Fee and State ($7500) and Federal ($7500) rebates, I'll be getting a full featured Model Y for just $36,230!

I may not qualify for the low income in 2025 so I'm pulling the trigger on this vehicle. I plan to wait a year or so after the new Model Y Juniper comes out, hoping they'll start discounting again, and buy another one. I'll give this car to my daughter who may be planning kids...
used to be that every Tesla produced was delivered to a buyer within weeks. that has changed. so yeah - nothing wrong with inventory cars which simply havent found a buyer and therefore are discounted. maybe check odometer and it should be 60 miles or under. wouldn't take an inventory car with more than 100 miles as that is likely a return (?)