TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Any Sacramento owners want to make a quick $250?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Yaro, May 16, 2018.

1. Yaro

Yaro Member

Need to order parts from the service center. I have a list. All you would need to do is call/email and possible meet me to pick it up.

2. rocketshipp85

rocketshipp85 Member

I’m in MD. If I can help I would be intersted.

3. pkodali

pkodali Banned

From Sacramento (Specifically Roseville). Pm me

4. Yaro

Yaro Member

If you would be willing to ship the stuff, we can work it out. I'd pay for any and all shipping expenses.

5. demundus

demundus Active Member

Have you done this before? this might not work out how youre thinking. I got the 9th degree when I ordered parts with a valid vin (blew a non-pyro fuse on the 12v battery and they were pretty stern about selling me a fuse)

6. roblab

roblab Active Member

They will only sell parts to repair shops. Good luck.

7. demundus

demundus Active Member

Not true, they will only sell CERTAIN parts to repair shops.

As a non-salvage owner who needed a new hood, I had to jump through a million hoops to get a quote and get them to agree to send me one. I haven't bought it yet cause its a quality-of-life thing (its flexed from a numbskull windshield repair guy), but it wasn't an easy discussion to have. You can get LOTS of parts from them, but they'll likely question you alot about it

8. Yaro

Yaro Member

I'm not looking for structural parts or even anything like a hood or fender. I just need wheel liners, frunk trim pieces, bumper louver, etc..

9. Yaro

Yaro Member

I ordered a bunch of stuff under the Tesla I drive without a problem. Mostly cosmetic and once I ordered the bumper harness and the guy didn't ask anything.

10. CuriousG

CuriousG Active Member

So why do you need someone else to do that for you if you've ordered legit in the past?

11. demundus

demundus Active Member

he asked, curiously.

• Funny x 4
  12. bkp_duke

bkp_duke Active Member

So not true.

• Like x 1
  13. Yaro

Yaro Member

They flagged my car for ordering the same exact part more than 3 times. Now they will only order those parts if I bring the car in for service.

14. roblab

roblab Active Member

Well, so I was told. You guys must have different Service Centers with people who actually care about you.

15. Yaro

Yaro Member

They're supposed to sell parts to you. As long as it's not structural, they should be selling it.

16. demundus

demundus Active Member

like 90% of parts can be sold to you... hell, call the parts line at corporate if you want something.

17. RedMS

RedMS Member

Question: do they flag the VIN of the car parts are supposedly being ordered under? Is there a possibility where this can make it to Carfax/Autocheck as a possible damage/accident?

18. Yaro

Yaro Member

There isn't. No way it'll make it to reporting agency because there is no actual damage to your car. I've ordered 3 times on mine, nothing on the carfax. Only reason it's flagged is because the same parts got ordered and the guy told me that's because the system thinks I'm ordering parts for other people.

19. logan

logan Member

What phone number would this be?

CarFax is a joke. I’ve owned two cars with accidents that were covered by insurance and they never got reported to CarFax when I went to get rid of them.

20. Yaro

Yaro Member

Probably the Fremont center?