Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any second thoughts???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am brand new to this club and should have my new Tesla delivered in Tampa on 5/17. I think I have reviewed every YouTube video out there and am totally convinced I have made the right decision. After delivery I will post what I believe the real pro's and con's of this innovative machine. Looking forward to intelligent interaction.

A very good friend of mine and a very intelligent person got his back in November, 2013. He never had even driven one before he ordered his and totally swears by the car now. I guess that spending that kind of money for something sight unseen is not so smart...Unfortunately for me the price has gone up about $10,000 since then.

Responses certainly reinforce my investment. I think the biggest selling feature for the car is the truly the thrust of stepping on the gas pedal (LOL). Looking forward to more comments. Thankfully I a m a believer in delayed gratification as mine won't be here for another three weeks.

P85 for the most part decked out. Did not get the plus package as I did not see a benefit for the money spent. I have a very good question for James Bond aficionados. Since this car only has two directions for control besides park, how fast will it go in reverse? I don't see myself ever going 130 mpg in forward but can the car do the same in reverse???

Currently I have a 2007 VW GTI which has been to date the best overall car I have owned. I have had a Porche 911 WHICH I LOVED, and a BMW X5 which sucked. This is a new adventure for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok no James Bond like driving in reverse. Thanks for that info.

I am brand new to this club and should have my new Tesla delivered in Tampa on 5/17. I think I have reviewed every YouTube video out there and am totally convinced I have made the right decision. After delivery I will post what I believe the real pro's and con's of this innovative machine. Looking forward to intelligent interaction.

Hi Scott,

Welcome to the forums.

I'm informed that you are interested in joining our Florida Tesla club. If so, please click on the link in my signature and complete the survey link.

The Southwest Region of our club has a meet-up planned at Gulfcoast Town Center this Saturday. If you are interested in meeting some Southwest members, please contact me directly at [email protected].

Regarding the question of this thread. I've personally never had a nanosecond of second thought.

Regards,

Larry

I spent 6 months extensively researching the company & took about 8 test drives because I was VERY nervous to spend that kind of money on a depreciating asset. The most I'd spent on any car was $35,000.

I have ABSOLUTELY 0 regrets & do actually wish I'd bought it sooner!! It's been almost a year that I've owned it. I spend at least an hour to three hours in my car every day. It drives like a sports car, but has the comfort of a luxury car.

Pull the trigger! You will LOVE this car & the company.

I'll be the lone person with a regret. I have a huge regret after buying our Model S. My regret is that I didn't take the $40k that I plunked down for a Model X Signature reservation in June of 2012 and put it into TSLA stock instead. Right now that $40k would be worth $263,618.

Hindsight is 20/20.