Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any seen 100+ kW (430mi/hr) supercharging before?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my new pearl white Model 3 AWD LR, AP + FSD yesterday with 21 miles on the odometer. My very first supercharging experience also showed me 115kW and the high-400's for mi/hr charge rate. I assume this is not the norm then?

Attachments

• WilwyoULQGCiD7T1tIH6fA.jpg
    WilwyoULQGCiD7T1tIH6fA.jpg
    450.9 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: SammichLover
I just picked up my new pearl white Model 3 AWD LR, AP + FSD yesterday with 21 miles on the odometer. My very first supercharging experience also showed me 115kW and the high-400's for mi/hr charge rate. I assume this is not the norm then?
It's the norm if you're not paired with another car in the same number stall, the battery is reasonably warm and your SOC is below 50%.

It has only ever been reported spotted on the V3, right? Perhaps if they intend to limit that "feature" to V3 SC, as people sitting on that extra charging capacity without using it are a next level of pain.
I hope not. A bunch of V2 superchargers have unenforced 30 minute limits now. An enforced 80% charge limit makes a lot more sense. For V3 superchargers they should limit it to 50%!

What is it with people on this thread getting excited about pretty normal charge rates? I pretty much standardly get 118 kW, with occasional peaks to 120kW. Rarely encountering below 113kW peak rate (except on paired stalls of course) Is getting the advertised rate on an unpaired stall really so unusual?

What is it with people on this thread getting excited about pretty normal charge rates? I pretty much standardly get 118 kW, with occasional peaks to 120kW. Rarely encountering below 113kW peak rate (except on paired stalls of course) Is getting the advertised rate on an unpaired stall really so unusual?
Yes, in most of the country for the last few months it has been difficult to get "normal" high charge rates due to cold weather and cold batteries. Personally, I haven't Supercharged since my last SF-LA trip in May, but way back then, 110-118kW was totally normal and expected below 40% SOC.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
I regularly see 120KW charging rate. But, I think it probably varies based on local voltages. I have only used one supercharger location. It usually can deliver 120 rate in the morning. But, during the afternoon it seems to do 117ish a lot. I suppose it could be voltage sag from the utility company.

Sometimes it will flicker back and forth between 120 and 121. Probably when the electric company exceeds 480 volts...