Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Showrooms That Have the 2016 MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many of us are curious as to what the "2016 Facelift" actually looks like in person. It looks like they're showing up outside of the US but so far. I haven't found one in the Los Angeles area.

Let's use this thread to locate and list which showrooms get them.

Many of us are curious as to what the "2016 Facelift" actually looks like in person. It looks like they're showing up outside of the US but so far. I haven't found one in the Los Angeles area.

Let's use this thread to locate and list which showrooms get them.
I would check Century City first, and then Newport Fashion Island for OC... (not that I have, but just guess that would probably be the first stores to get it.)

Santa Monica on 3rd street just got a new Model S with facelift on the floor yesterday. In RED.

Attachments

• IMG_1500.JPG
    IMG_1500.JPG
    322.2 KB · Views: 128
Reactions: Reekdog
I saw three at the Fremont supercharger yesterday so I'm assuming these are units being delivered to customers. It was morning around 10:00 AM. And when you say 2016, I assume you mean the refresh rather than a 2016 that does not have the new new front.

I saw three at the Fremont supercharger yesterday so I'm assuming these are units being delivered to customers. It was morning around 10:00 AM. And when you say 2016, I assume you mean the refresh rather than a 2016 that does not have the new new front.
Wow, that's good news and Yes the new front end thanks

BTW this thread is for everyone so the showrooms can be in any state

Red in Buena Park!

Connor O'Neill was my advisor for my CPO. Good guy, knows his stuff. He said all California cars come with the front licensed plate mount installed. He showed me how two screws hold it on, in the mouth, and that the top has a couple of pieces of sticky tape. You can easily feel them by just running your fingers under the lip below the frame. So no holes if your remove it.

We were talking, so I forgot to shoot the tail end, but it looks nice. For now I prefer the diffuser on the old S, but by a small margin. The facelift S reads 100% Tesla, just touched up a bit.

In person, the car looks smaller than my S. or the other S that was on the showroom floor. I think the body colored rocker panels create this illusion.

IMG_7896.jpg

IMG_7897.jpg

Red in Buena Park!

Connor O'Neill was my advisor for my CPO. Good guy, knows his stuff. He said all California cars come with the front licensed plate mount installed. He showed me how two screws hold it on, in the mouth, and that the top has a couple of pieces of sticky tape. You can easily feel them by just running your fingers under the lip below the frame. So no holes if your remove it.

We were talking, so I forgot to shoot the tail end, but it looks nice. For now I prefer the diffuser on the old S, but by a small margin. The facelift S reads 100% Tesla, just touched up a bit.

In person, the car looks smaller than my S. or the other S that was on the showroom floor. I think the body colored rocker panels create this illusion.

View attachment 174281
View attachment 174282
Thanks camera cruiser, BTW which wood trim did it have?

• Funny
Reactions: Lawtq
Thanks camera cruiser, BTW which wood trim did it have?
The black Ash, and I thought it looked like Piano Black, actually. I didn't sit in the car long since it made me want to start handing unearned income over the longer I was in it. I have gen 1 seats, so these felt real good. Plus the interior was black on black, which was even more tempting. The only thing I didn't like were the slipstream wheels in person. From a few feet away they look fine, but as you get closer, they look like hubcaps because of the way the molded the wheels. Weird.

• Helpful

I don't believe any of the refreshed models for customer delivery have entered production yet.

• Helpful
He said all California cars come with the front licensed plate mount installed. He showed me how two screws hold it on, in the mouth, and that the top has a couple of pieces of sticky tape. You can easily feel them by just running your fingers under the lip below the frame. So no holes if your remove it.

It struck me when I first saw your pictures why they would mount a front license plate holder on a showroom car. Perhaps they want the front to look a bit less different from the pre-facelift Model S?

Edit: Seems like this thread has the answer:
Model S Refresh: License Holder Part of Bumper?

Last edited: