Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any side effects to where inverters/batteries are placed in the home?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There aren't any gases other than atmospheric air that we all breathe which are regularly vented from the Powerwalls. As @Electrph mentions, there is a liquid cooling system with fans that make a little noise. When we were first planning on Powerwall installation locations in our garage, they originally mentioned not wanting to install them on walls where there was habitable space on the other side due to the low hum of the cooling fans/pumps.
Have you noticed much noise from your PowerWalls? I think you have 4, right? We have two and unless I put my ears within a couple of inches they are silent in our garage. Never heard any vibration in the wall, unlike our wall-mounted tankless water heater.

Have you noticed much noise from your PowerWalls? I think you have 4, right? We have two and unless I put my ears within a couple of inches they are silent in our garage. Never heard any vibration in the wall, unlike our wall-mounted tankless water heater.
You are correct about us having 4 Powerwalls. We only really hear a quiet hum if we are close to the Powerwalls in the garage and the Powerwalls are being charged or discharged at a high kW rate. I just went out to try to grab some audio but they were already charged back up to 100% by 10:30 this morning.

I never tried to listen for vibration directly but I'll put my ear up on the outside wall tomorrow and see if I notice anything.

i know this was not directed at me but i think vibration is too strong a word .. we can hear a hum which can travel through a connected wall and yes is detectable when they are charging heavily but more so when discharging rapidly ie charging ev (coinsides with how rapidly green lights pulse )