Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Signature Model X owners NOT receive their car yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was promised a car definitely by end of December. Still waiting for it now. Sig #67X, VIN 29X. Probably the lowest reservation and vin number without a car yet! And I live in the SF bay area close to the Fremont factory.

What config did you order?...perhaps there is a correlation between delays and some particular config...
I took delivery about a month ago in the Bay Are...See my Config below...

I just got an update from a DS...
My signature vin 535 which I configured on the day of the launch in September... is STILL in production, hasn't made it to the inspection stage as yet.
This is the same status it was in in December when I was assured it would be ready for me likely by Dec 31, and certainly by January 8.
It just keeps blowing out with no sign of any work being done on it.
My poor car, sitting alone in a corner of the factory waiting for someone to remember it exists.

I just got an update from a DS...
My signature vin 535 which I configured on the day of the launch in September... is STILL in production, hasn't made it to the inspection stage as yet.
This is the same status it was in in December when I was assured it would be ready for me likely by Dec 31, and certainly by January 8.
It just keeps blowing out with no sign of any work being done on it.
My poor car, sitting alone in a corner of the factory waiting for someone to remember it exists.

Cantdecide, we feel the same way. We also configured Sept 29th, and our Sig VIN #484 is also still sitting up at the factory. What blows my mind is that they are delivering production models to people, while our Sigs sit there not being completed. What's up with that?

At least our cars can keep each other company.

Ron
SigX VIN #484 (still waiting)

Cantdecide, we feel the same way. We also configured Sept 29th, and our Sig VIN #484 is also still sitting up at the factory. What blows my mind is that they are delivering production models to people, while our Sigs sit there not being completed. What's up with that?

At least our cars can keep each other company.

Ron
SigX VIN #484 (still waiting)

Sid you ask the DS if he knew the specific reason for the hold up?

My founder #53 is sitting with both of your cars at the factory. Same deal- in production in December, and was told delivery mid Jan, but certainly no later than end of Jan. Now it's end of a Feb or the first week of March.

Clearly Tesla fixed the issue on the production line that caused the problem that has our cars in purgatory waiting for manual correction. I wish Tesla would rebuild our cars and give themselves whatever time they needed to fix the early builds. Making some of your best customers wait, especially the sigs who paid years ago for the privilege of an early car, while you deliver production cars feels very wrong. Heck, I paid for the car in full based on the expectation of a January delivery.

/annoyed but trying to remain patient.

My founder #53 is sitting with both of your cars at the factory. Same deal- in production in December, and was told delivery mid Jan, but certainly no later than end of Jan. Now it's end of a Feb or the first week of March.

Clearly Tesla fixed the issue on the production line that caused the problem that has our cars in purgatory waiting for manual correction. I wish Tesla would rebuild our cars and give themselves whatever time they needed to fix the early builds. Making some of your best customers wait, especially the sigs who paid years ago for the privilege of an early car, while you deliver production cars feels very wrong. Heck, I paid for the car in full based on the expectation of a January delivery.

/annoyed but trying to remain patient.

At least reading these posts I don't feel so alone and abandoned. I was starting to wonder if my car fell off a truck somewhere and no one noticed. Paid in full December 12th. Coming up on sixty days with zero accurate information.

I'm in the same boat: my Sig X finished production some weeks ago but still sits in the factory with no information about what's holding up the release for transport. I think there must be some hundreds of Sigs yet to be delivered.

Ugh. I cringe every time I hear of a sig reservation holder who still hasn't got his or her car yet. I feel so badly for you guys/gals. Perhaps it is due to this.... Fiasco (is there any other word for it?).... That TM is doing away with the signature reservations on model 3. All reservations will be equal according to his latest tweets.

I hope you all get your cars very soon. It just isn't right that you're left in the lurch like this. :(