Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Signature Model X owners NOT receive their car yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps all of us Signature Model X people, whose cars have dropped into oblivion, should have a Model X car rally up to the factory.

It will be the greatest showing of Model X non-cars ever !

Seriously, though, I understand that there are sometimes problems in manufacturing. Glue problems with the sensors, motor problems for the second row seats, seal problems on the doors. I've got no problem with that. It is part of running a leading edge manufacturing company, building what will be the best car ever built. I know it will be worth the wait, especially since I just got to drive one this past weekend in Burbank. What a car!

What I can not excuse is the abhorrent communication. As the Signature reservation people, we were the people who truly believed in Tesla mission. Now it seems that we have been totally forgotten. Personally, I have never received even one update from my DS that I didn't initiate, which has only been a few times, since I don't want to bug him. In return to my emails, I have only received empty, standard responses.

Maybe I'll just re-badge my Signature Edition as Mushroom Edition.

Ron
SigX VIN #484 (still waiting)

Roamer...why 2 sig red model Xs?

One replaces my wife's 3 year old red classic Model S and the other is for my daughter and worlds best grandson.

When I was finalizing the orders the conversation was;
It's OK mom you can have the red.
No you can have the red.
I am fine if you have the red
I think you want the red

This went on for a little while before I said what if we just get two red. Everyone happy.

I had to smile at this because the main reason I reserved Sig cars years ago was because I always liked the Model S Sig red color and the only way to get it was to go Sig. So I traded early production car problems for Sig red and when the final decision had to be made it was fun that both ladies wanted Sig red also.

When the second X delivers we will be 100% Solar charged with everyone driving a Tesla. Three houses and four Teslas. The original Classic red S that started it all will likely find a home in the extended family.

Perhaps all of us Signature Model X people, whose cars have dropped into oblivion, should have a Model X car rally up to the factory.

It will be the greatest showing of Model X non-cars ever !

Seriously, though, I understand that there are sometimes problems in manufacturing. Glue problems with the sensors, motor problems for the second row seats, seal problems on the doors. I've got no problem with that. It is part of running a leading edge manufacturing company, building what will be the best car ever built. I know it will be worth the wait, especially since I just got to drive one this past weekend in Burbank. What a car!

What I can not excuse is the abhorrent communication. As the Signature reservation people, we were the people who truly believed in Tesla mission. Now it seems that we have been totally forgotten. Personally, I have never received even one update from my DS that I didn't initiate, which has only been a few times, since I don't want to bug him. In return to my emails, I have only received empty, standard responses.

Maybe I'll just re-badge my Signature Edition as Mushroom Edition.

Ron
SigX VIN #484 (still waiting)

Some of us early prod builds are in the same boat. I have a strong suspicion that there's a bunch of cars sitting in a back corner in Fremont waiting for some major fix and that they're able to build new cars faster than repair the imperfect ones so they are focusing on ramping production rather than getting these relatively few out the door.

It's driving me crazy! A little info and communication would go a looong way!

Here's the email I just sent to my DS. What do you think, too snarky?

"Hey, ****.It seems like the production Model X's are now flying off the shelves, and I'm happy for them. Meanwhile, a bunch of us Signature reservation people have had our cars fall into a black hole somewhere up in Fremont, apparently forgotten.

I was wondering if you could make a call up to the factory, and have them take a look around. I'm sure it just fell into a crack somewhere. Maybe its out in the back parking lot somewhere, covered in dust. Perhaps some employee took it out for a spin, and parked it in the wrong spot when they bought it back. I guess it is even possible that they mistook the S in our VIN for a 5, and shipped it out to production X person with the VIN 500,484. Boy, will they be surprised when their car shows up painted Sig Red.

Please let me know if it turns up in the search :) "

Ron
Sig X VIN #484

It's driving me crazy! A little info and communication would go a looong way!

I think this is one of the downsides of custom ordering, especially during product ramp up. If this was a vehicle sitting on a lot, you wouldn't know all that it took to get it there. Unfortunately, this is part of the initial ramp up. I'm sure it will be worth it.

Here's the email I just sent to my DS. What do you think, too snarky?

"Hey, ****.It seems like the production Model X's are now flying off the shelves, and I'm happy for them. Meanwhile, a bunch of us Signature reservation people have had our cars fall into a black hole somewhere up in Fremont, apparently forgotten.

I was wondering if you could make a call up to the factory, and have them take a look around. I'm sure it just fell into a crack somewhere. Maybe its out in the back parking lot somewhere, covered in dust. Perhaps some employee took it out for a spin, and parked it in the wrong spot when they bought it back. I guess it is even possible that they mistook the S in our VIN for a 5, and shipped it out to production X person with the VIN 500,484. Boy, will they be surprised when their car shows up painted Sig Red.

Please let me know if it turns up in the search :) "

Ron
Sig X VIN #484

Im sure it's not even close to the snarkiest thing your DS has received recently. I hope he/she takes it as an attempt at making light of a frustrating situation.

I think this is one of the downsides of custom ordering, especially during product ramp up. If this was a vehicle sitting on a lot, you wouldn't know all that it took to get it there. Unfortunately, this is part of the initial ramp up. I'm sure it will be worth it.

I am probably considered a complete fanboi by many of the residents of Teslaland and even I have become baffled by the complete lack of information.

I dont mind problems, I don't mind delays, I don't even mind getting an email to pay and paying two months ago.

But the absolute lack of any schedule, any estimate, any information at all is incredible. The current Sig delivery information black hole is difficult to comprehend. Bernie Madoff provided better information to his customers.

Someone some where must have an idea what is going on. Maybe we need to find them and break out the water board.

But you put $40K, locked up for 3 years, and that's not crazy?

There's at least 1 Signature X not yet delivered, and not yet ordered (mine). I'm awaiting an opportunity to see one in person. I believe there is a significant minority that are in this status. I appreciate that Tesla hasn't been turning the screws to get the reservation turned into an order either.

I'm also very comfortable with the idea that there will be Production deliveries well before and possibly months before my delivery happens. That's a cost to me to wait and see the car in person - and an option I appreciate Tesla providing.

All you crazy people that can order a $130-140k car sight unseen - I don't know if I'm impressed, in awe, or afraid for your sanity :)

But you put $40K, locked up for 3 years, and that's not crazy?

Yes - that's flat out crazy! :) I prefer to think in a good way, but no - I can't defend it as anything other than crazy.

I can even remember the day I was in the store, writing the check. I was commenting on how those other crazy people had written checks for $40k and then waited 3+ years for a Model S. Some of them even got their first in-person view and drive of the car when it was THEIR car they were driving, at delivery.

Wow, what kind of crazy is that (as I'm busy putting my signature on a check to do the same thing). Yes - I could see the irony then, and I see it now, in what I've done.

On the plus side, I'm now scheduled for a test drive in about 2 weeks. I've seen a Model X in person, and that's helped my wife and I decide that we're going MC red over Sig Red (it's a Portland and gray weather thing for us). If I could just get the black/grey wheels in the signature configuration, then I think it'd be perfect and we'd have everything we want. (There are after-market options for that!)

I am probably considered a complete fanboi by many of the residents of Teslaland and even I have become baffled by the complete lack of information.

I dont mind problems, I don't mind delays, I don't even mind getting an email to pay and paying two months ago.

But the absolute lack of any schedule, any estimate, any information at all is incredible. The current Sig delivery information black hole is difficult to comprehend. Bernie Madoff provided better information to his customers.

Someone some where must have an idea what is going on. Maybe we need to find them and break out the water board.

It is completely and utterly crazy. In my humble opinion, this major lack of communication has been directed right from the top. there must of been a serious issue, which they want to keep under wraps, and have not disclosed that issue beyond a certain circle. I imagine they do not want to build 'new' cars for these cusomers that have delays, but just fix whatever is broken, which is taking much longer than they anticipated.

Yup, lack of communication is quite frustrating. My car has been near end of production for more than a month. After seeing the reveal at the end of September last year, I did not expect to not have my car for 5 months! "You will definitely get your car by the end of December" was 2 months ago. Granted, if they are indeed fixing things to make sure the car is not going to be as buggy as the earlier ones, that's great. But some updates would be nice.

definitely feeling crappy about the delay and seeing production car getting delivered.

I would hope someone from Tesla would reach out to us...I mean, its not a small thing to place the signature deposit for this long!

I'm extra pissed off about the delay. My sig has been in "final production" for over 3 weeks. The greatest insult is that a regular production reservation holder in my city already had his delivered. A f***ing PRODUCTION car ahead of mine, which did not even have ludicrous or all the options. I don't even understand how this is possible. What was the point of putting down a 40K reservation only to be bumped by someone who didn't? And the most irritating part is the DS cannot do anything about it, because they won't tell him anything. Calling the NA sales department doesn't help either, because they give you the same BS line about not having any visibility into manufacturing. If it's really a seal thing, then why can't they come out and say it?

While delivery was over 6 weeks ago, the SC is still waiting for a new rear seat assembly with seats that fold.

I did get to lower the rear seats in another Signature last week. It was a manual push down procedure. Very different from what I saw 6 weeks ago.

My original seats did fold on delivery day. They flew down with a spring action at the push of the button. Once the software was updated, they stopped folding. I wonder if the spring action is the major reason they are replacing mine?

definitely feeling crappy about the delay and seeing production car getting delivered.

I would hope someone from Tesla would reach out to us...I mean, its not a small thing to place the signature deposit for this long!

Welcome to Signatureland. Tesla did this exact same thing with the Model S Signature orders. Expect a $20 bag about 8-12 months from now thanking you for your reservation. It's why I didn't go Signature for the X that and the A battery deal. The good news is they will deliver your car soon, and it will be over soon and in the grand scheme of things its just a few more weeks behind schedule.

I'm now being told that whatever manual corrections that need to be made to our X will be done early next week. An end of Feb delivery is possible; the question is how fast does it get on a truck and how long will the SC need to prep. I'm hopeful it should require very little prep at the SC since the factory has had it for 4 weeks in final production/QC, but at this point I'm not holding my breath.

This is my THIRD abnormal Tesla delivery. I'm a huge supporter, but it's so frustrating to have received the short stick so many times. I agree with others, someone very senior at Tesla should be calling everyone in this condition right now to apologize. Where is the customer focus? I think it went out the window with Jerome.

I'm also quite worried about receiving a car with tons of rattles leaks etc since clearly it has undergone a ton of manual corrections. I would have preferred that tesla change my VIN and produced a new car off the improved production line. Clearly they would have been able to deliver faster this way as well. Then they could have taken all the time they wanted to fix the other cars without making us wait.

Apologies, I'm venting again. My wife is pissed (it's her car) and after receiving today's news wanted to ask for our money back (we paid in full and have a loan). I keep having to calm her down, remind her it's a new car and we're early adopters, etc. It would go a long way to get a meaningful apology from Tesla instead of crickets.

I feel bad for my DS. He is trying his best to manage the situation, but they tell him very little and the only way to get information is to escalate. Tesla needs to communicate, and empower their line managers to handle these situations.

I'm now being told that whatever manual corrections that need to be made to our X will be done early next week. An end of Feb delivery is possible; the question is how fast does it get on a truck and how long will the SC need to prep. I'm hopeful it should require very little prep at the SC since the factory has had it for 4 weeks in final production/QC, but at this point I'm not holding my breath.

This is my THIRD abnormal Tesla delivery. I'm a huge supporter, but it's so frustrating to have received the short stick so many times. I agree with others, someone very senior at Tesla should be calling everyone in this condition right now to apologize. Where is the customer focus? I think it went out the window with Jerome.

I'm also quite worried about receiving a car with tons of rattles leaks etc since clearly it has undergone a ton of manual corrections. I would have preferred that tesla change my VIN and produced a new car off the improved production line. Clearly they would have been able to deliver faster this way as well. Then they could have taken all the time they wanted to fix the other cars without making us wait.

Apologies, I'm venting again. My wife is pissed (it's her car) and after receiving today's news wanted to ask for our money back (we paid in full and have a loan). I keep having to calm her down, remind her it's a new car and we're early adopters, etc. It would go a long way to get a meaningful apology from Tesla instead of crickets.

I feel bad for my DS. He is trying his best to manage the situation, but they tell him very little and the only way to get information is to escalate. Tesla needs to communicate, and empower their line managers to handle these situations.

Glad to hear there is finally some movement. You are an extremely patient gentleman. TM definitely should have built a new one for you which would have gotten it to you a lot faster. Here's hoping your long wait is rewarded with a near perfect specimen. Best of luck.