Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Southern California VIN assignments/deliveries for folks who configured after 6/27??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reserved: 04/10/218
Invited to configure: 06/28/18
Ordered 06/30/2018
Delivery Estimate: Sept. to Nov.
VIN: Not Assigned
AWD LR Blue Aero PUP EAP FS

Been debating switching to RWD due the lower efficiency, but I'm afraid of losing my lifetime Premium Connectivity package if I edit my order....

I am also thinking about changing, but so far there has been no official EPA rating, but very likely shorter range and less efficient.

Reserved: 7/3/2016
Invited: 6/28/2018
Configured: 6/30/2018

LR RWD
Midnight Silver Metallic
19” Sport Wheels
EAP

San Diego

Have not heard anything yet, but saw my Estimated Delivery Date went from Oct. - Dec. to now Aug. - Oct.

Fingers crossed!

Exactly the same order as you, also in San Diego... (cash, no trade in) I ordered on 7/3/2018 so a few days after you. I guess I should pay attention to you because if you get one, mine will be soon after :)

Exactly the same order as you, also in San Diego... (cash, no trade in) I ordered on 7/3/2018 so a few days after you. I guess I should pay attention to you because if you get one, mine will be soon after :)

Yes saw your post too and was going to quote it! The difference in our orders is the wheel choice. I would not be surprised if you got yours first because of the Aeros. Seems like orders with Aeros have been getting fulfilled first.

Will definitely be following your story in hopes that we get ours around the same time!

Yes saw your post too and was going to quote it! The difference in our orders is the wheel choice. I would not be surprised if you got yours first because of the Aeros. Seems like orders with Aeros have been getting fulfilled first.

Will definitely be following your story in hopes that we get ours around the same time!

I updated the wheels yesterday actually to 19”, so am waiting for the same now! A friend also in SD received the same car last weekend (only difference was black). He reserved in Feb this year!!

I updated the wheels yesterday actually to 19”, so am waiting for the same now! A friend also in SD received the same car last weekend (only difference was black). He reserved in Feb this year!!

Oh I changed my wheels a few hours after I ordered. Still feel like I could switch to 18” and keep the Aero covers off most of the time... but I think the 19s will look so nice with the MSM. Hopefully we pick up same day in Miramar!

Reserved the first day after watching the reveal live. Currently own a Model S.

I originally placed my order for a P on June 28th. I then thought better of it and changed it to AWD on July 7. Then when I read the range would be less than the RWD, I changed my order again on the 14th. I just got a VIN today (the 17th) and pick up is scheduled for the 25th.

VIN 45xxx
LR RWD
Red
18"
EAP

Since there are a good number of San Diego folks in this thread, I wanted to share that I took advantage of a little known SDG&E rebate in association with Plug-in America, called Champions for Clean Air, found here: Champions for Clean Air EV Rebate | San Diego Gas & Electric

The requirements for the program is that the EV buyer must either be a credentialed teacher or first responder within the SDG&E service area and pay utilities. Funding for the program appears to be limited to $500,000, which each eligible applicant receiving a $1000 point-of-sale rebate. Upon submitting your application with the required supporting documents, you will receive a confirmation email and voucher. Oh, you have to choose a particular participating dealership in your area during the application process, and all Tesla showrooms are listed as Silver-level participating manufacturers.

Upon receiving the approval and voucher, both you and the dealership will be notified by PluginAmerica.com . There are staff listed in the email that you should contact, but no one in the store had any knowledge of the program and even after repeated calls, they still didn't know what to do. However, my ISA confirmed in my pro-forma that the $1000 rebate was noted on my account and will be applied during the final payment. One thing that concerned me was that the voucher is only good for 60 days after approval, but fortunately my delivery was changed to this weekend so I am in the clear. If you expect your delivery date to be further out than 60 days, then you might want to wait to apply. Conversely, I believe the program runs thru 2019 and has limited funding, so it is a first-come/first-serve basis. Possibly capped at 500 approved buyers.

If any of you haven't purchased yet and either your or your spouse meet the requirements of the program, I hope you will be able to take advantage of the additional rebate. Oh, and lastly, I live in Laguna Niguel, CA which is serviced by SDG&E and my spouse is a credentialed teacher, so I was able to qualify for the rebate.

Reactions: opiuman