TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Any StowAway2 owners wondering about range impact on Model X?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by scottf200, Jun 9, 2015.

1. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

I own one of these StowAway2 devices that is probably 70-75lbs. Was thinking it could be useful on a trip if it didn't degrade the mileage very much. Anyone want to venture a guess on the range loss. I was only thinking a 5% or less.

More pictures and their website: Hitch Mounted Cargo Carrier | StowAway2.com

Stowaway2_MAX_Sw_4a4a6821371d3.jpg
    TYKBcnL.png

2. green1

green1 Active Member

Range loss should be minimal, there's lots of turbulence back there anyway, I doubt it would make it significantly worse.
    It would definitely be better than either a trailer or a roof box.

3. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

What green1 said. Likely a lot better than all the bikes I'll be carrying back there too!

4. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

From tsw4life's thread see underlined in regards to range. Seems like it was not noticiable by comparision to my roadtrip experience in my X (10K miles roadtripping) -- NOTE you can to go this thread by clicking on the red up arrow next to "tsw 4life said:"