TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Any success getting Tesla to remove fancy wheels from an inventory car?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by calisnow, Oct 23, 2015.

1. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

I'm looking for an inventory car right now, and some of them have upgraded wheels - which I don't want. Has anyone tried to get Tesla to remove the wheels and sell the inventory car with a base wheel/tire package?

2. 7racer

7racer Member

I could not, I was just looking to go grey 21's instead of the silvers and they wouldn't even do that!

3. esk8mw

esk8mw Active Member

My advice is to take delivery as is, buy a used set of the stock 19s or other wheels, sell the 21s, profit.

4. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

I would concur with this.

5. Zybane

Zybane Member

Get aftermarket wheels. Those stock 21" are a huge profit item. $4,500 and IMO they don't cost Tesla more than $1000 to procure.

6. aus

aus Member

I maybe up for a trade. I just ordered a car for December delivery with stock 19" wheels.

7. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Member

While doing my inventory hunt, I couldn't even get them to agree to add Autopilot to the cars that didn't have it enabled. They said that even though it's a software thing, the Monroney can't be changed and it needs to match the car upon sale.

8. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

You mean for $2,500 right? So they would make you do a post-delivery activation for $3k?

9. MikeInFL

MikeInFL Member

Tesla used to allow wheel swaps, but that's no longer the case. Sometimes though if you get the right Owner Advisor he/she may try to make it happen (more likely at end of quarter)

10. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Member

Correct. Which would then be out of pocket (and more expensive) vs. rolled into the loan.