Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Suggestion for Center Console Wrap?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The piano black center console is terrible, always full of scratches & dust, and i am worried it was scratched one day. Watched many thread here, most of member wrap in carbon fiber or matte black. But i do not like these, i prefer the wrap in wood grain or leather grain. Wondering if it is nice or not . Have any one wrap in wood grain or leather grain? Which is better? Thanks for your information or photo in advance.

Reactions: Rojer Lockless
The piano black center console is terrible, always full of scratches & dust, and i am worried it was scratched one day. Watched many thread here, most of member wrap in carbon fiber or matte black. But i do not like these, i prefer the wrap in wood grain or leather grain. Wondering if it is nice or not . Have any one wrap in wood grain or leather grain? Which is better? Thanks for your information or photo in advance.
There’s lots of experience on this site but I don’t understand why you would use fake anything on a luxury car. Clear protection I understand but not a car interior.

There’s lots of experience on this site but I don’t understand why you would use fake anything on a luxury car. Clear protection I understand but not a car interior.

i don't think wrap the center console will lower the car, oppositely the protection wrap could keep vehicle value. Wood grain or leather grain wrap is just personal taste.

Reactions: sandange
we wrap the center console on almost all of the Model 3's we have come in the shop. We either use XPEL Ultimate Plus, which is totally clear, or we use XPEL STEALTH. This will give the piano black a matte finish and really tones it down.

Well, another good idea. Will bring into consideration.
Any guys have tips for the console wrap in leather grain?

I bought one of those pre-cut carbon fiber kits for my center console. Sure the fit and finish isn't as nice as a full wrap, but having real carbon fiber weave underneath just looks awesome. I paid $35 on Amazon and it took maybe 5 mins to install.

I had our installers wrap my center console with a brushed black metallic vinyl when they did my PPF. Don't regret doing it as the piano black gloss was driving me crazy with the fingerprints.

I will mention that if you are thinking of woodgrain I doubt you'd want something that doesn't closely match the color of the dash's woodgrain. Adding another wood color/grain would look odd I think. If you do find something keep in mind the direction of the grain. Probably would look best if it rain in the same direction as the dash's.

OP might want to check out this thread: Center Console Wood Wrap

Last edited:
We like brushed a lot. Here's one we did:
center console cleaned.jpg