TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Any suggestions on affordable SF hotels with EV charging?

Discussion in 'California' started by Apoclyps, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Apoclyps

Apoclyps Member

Hi All,

Anyone have any suggestions on SF hotels to spend a couple days in, with garage parking and EV charging? Of course, the room should be affordable (is anything in SF affordable anymore???) I guess I could also entertain hotels outside the city and BART in. any tips/suggestions would be appreciated.

My last option would be to stay at a hotel with no EV charging, and move the car during the day to a garage that does?

2. Klaus

Klaus Member

I don't know hotels, but if you can't find any, the Sutter Stockton garage is not overpriced like most others and has a bunch of Chargepoints in the ground floor and basement for free.

3. Tacket

Tacket Member

I've stayed at the Parc 55 and when they are having deals it's affordable. Their EVSE may be valet only now. Close distance to Powell St station and shopping.

4. Apoclyps

Apoclyps Member

Thanks for the tips. I may not need a hotel as I have a friend who will allow me to crash at his pad. Now the question is 24 hour parking garage, with EV access.

5. damienvu

damienvu Member

We usually stay at the Westin SoMA or W and park the car at the Moscone center garage. There are plenty of free chargers in the basement level.

6. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

If you don't need to use the car in the city (you did consider BART-ing in), you can consider leaving the car with Tesla Burlingame who can probably keep your car safe either indoors or out front and keep it charged. The Millbrae BART station is a short walk away.

7. JPP

JPP Active Member

In SF many garages have ChargePoint--free charging, paid parking. For example, the Sutter Stockton garage (right off of Union Square) has EV parking/charging downstairs (lower level).

8. gene

gene Active Member

The Cow Hollow Motor Inn is inexpensive and in a really great neighborhood. Underground parking has randomly placed 120v that you can use. I assume you'll have Supercharged before entering SF. At 4 mph, the 120V will top you off overnight. Yelp some of the local cafes nearby on Chestnut street, there are some very good ones. Also, two blocks away is a parking garage with J1772.