Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any suggestions on debris flying from another vehicle and damaging my parking sensors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So im from massachusetts but i was driving in virginia today. A vehicle came by with door framing sticking out the window. A couple pieces flew out and hit my bumper which got scuffed and the sensor got knocked out. I called the state troopers and the only thing they said was they would try to find them. They didnt seem to take it seriously. I have the video with the incident and license plate visible. Honestly i dont want to go through my insurance due to the increase in what ill have to pay. Anybody have any advice on what i should do

My advice is go through your insurance. Send them the video and hope they stick it to the other driver's insurance (as they should) instead of you. If your rates go up, change insurance companies.

Also can you post the video?
I would love for them to go through their insurance but i couldnt get them to pull over and the police told me to stop following. They said they would try to find them. I tried posting the video but it wouldnt let me

If your only concern is the popped out parking sensor, it should be easy enough to glue it back in yourself. My buddy had a rock directly hit his 2019 M3’s front parking sensor and knocked it out of the bumper. He pulled out the trunk tub and glued the sensor back onto the bumper. Surprisingly they’re just glued in from the factory so you’re not compromising anything by doing this. The result is perfect - you’d never notice and it still works great.

So im from massachusetts but i was driving in virginia today. A vehicle came by with door framing sticking out the window. A couple pieces flew out and hit my bumper which got scuffed and the sensor got knocked out. I called the state troopers and the only thing they said was they would try to find them. They didnt seem to take it seriously. I have the video with the incident and license plate visible. Honestly i dont want to go through my insurance due to the increase in what ill have to pay. Anybody have any advice on what i should do
I don't get why people keep saying that. If it's not your fault, your insurance won't go up. They get paid from the other person's insurance. If you have their license and a video, your insurance company can get reimbursed really easily.

Reactions: LionXng and jboy210
I would love for them to go through their insurance but i couldnt get them to pull over and the police told me to stop following. They said they would try to find them. I tried posting the video but it wouldnt let me
This is what you are paying your insurance company for. They will do the investigating, they will work to get paid, not you. Your insurance pays you and they will want to be paid also so they will find the other party's insurance so they can get paid.

Reactions: LionXng