TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Any Supercharger progress on I10 and I40?

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by swegman, May 20, 2014.

1. swegman

swegman Member

Wondering whether anyone has heard of any specific locations or (preferably) actual construction of Superchargers along the I10 corridor and I40 corridor between the east and west coasts.

2. emupilot

emupilot Member

The short answer is No. Casa Grande, AZ is the only "Coming Soon" supercharger on either route, and TMC sleuths haven't found anything yet.

3. swegman

swegman Member

The tesla map shows FL to TX on I10 by end of 2014 and TX to AZ on I40 also by end of the year. Construction on at least some of them should be underway already then.

4. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

No. Tesla is aiming for a 3 week construction turn around. They're no where near focusing on these routes right now.

5. sublimaze1

sublimaze1 8Dec2012 / Leeroy Jenkins

First time caller, long time listener ...

... sitting in Destin right now wondering when I can drive the S here --- hopefully next year. Anyone got any 411?

6. emupilot

emupilot Member

The collective knowledge of Tesla Motors Club on upcoming superchargers is summarized at the Supercharger Progress wiki. Lake City and Defuniak Springs will get stations in the not too distant future and there are rumblings from Baton Rouge, but we've got nothing on the remaining links along I-10. Other than that, we need to rely on the projections at the Tesla Motors supercharger page that the route will be complete in "2014".

7. sublimaze1

sublimaze1 8Dec2012 / Leeroy Jenkins

photo 2 (1).JPG photo 1 (1).JPG
    Here is what Lake Charles looks like as of 3:30pm 2Dec14
    Six stalls
    One is a pull in - not a back in
    two (or three) did not have connectors yet.
    I doubt power is on
    On my way to Boca
    Delta IV Heavy Time.

8. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler Bannd Member

The enclosure is blocking view of the Transformer Pad. Once there is a Utility Xformer, and Tesla Crew comes by to test and label each stall... it'll be in business.
    The two stalls without connectors means the third Supercharger Cabinet ain't there yet.

Lake Charles Update