Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Taco to Cyber Converts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2012 Tacoma was the most expensive and worst vehicle I’ve purchased to date. I’ll never go back to that pos platform. It’s just a weaksauce car that gets shitty mpg and looks sort of like a truck.

2012 Tacoma was the most expensive and worst vehicle I’ve purchased to date. I’ll never go back to that pos platform. It’s just a weaksauce car that gets shitty mpg and looks sort of like a truck.

Care to elaborate? I have a 2014 FJ Cruiser which is essentially built on the same platform. Besides the frame rust issues (which are easily prevented), it seems to be built like a rock.

I'll likely trade in my FJ for the CT. Hard to keep something that I could probably sell for ~$25k to put towards the CT.

Land cruiser guy here. I put down the $100 for the 3 motor. If I get a CT I’ll probably sell my 200 series and keep my 80 series. Although I’ll probably pass on the CT when the time comes if air suspension is the only option.

Ohhhh, Taco = Tacoma!!!! I'm an avid car guy and even owned an 03 Taco, never heard it referenced that way lol!

I would toss the Taco for the Cyber if I still had it in a heartbeat. The world's best truck for the next gen world's best truck!

Care to elaborate? I have a 2014 FJ Cruiser which is essentially built on the same platform. Besides the frame rust issues (which are easily prevented), it seems to be built like a rock.

I'll likely trade in my FJ for the CT. Hard to keep something that I could probably sell for ~$25k to put towards the CT.
Well we may have different belief in what a rock is. They are on the passenger car end of duty, nothing special at all engineering wise, and cost a premium for what they are. The reality is that a full size truck will do more, cost less, last just as long and be a whole lot tougher. But they aren’t a cool for the Cool kids. I spent a lot of time and money trying to make mine work but in the end I sold it and haven’t regretted at all. My 1200$ Suzuki vitara drives better and is just as tough.