TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Any talk of new Stores/Service Center's in this region?

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by Rifleman, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Rifleman

Rifleman Now owns 2 Model S's!!!

Has anyone heard and rumors or talk about a store or service center in this region? Currently the only store in this region is Chicago, and it is over 300 miles from my home in Cincinnati. An Indianapolis, Cincinnati, or Columbus store and service center would be awesome! Where ever the store is placed, some Tesla representation is this region is desperately needed.

2. mlascano

mlascano S Sig #722

Only rumors, but I've heard Tesla is thinking of Columbus as the site for a store/service center to cover the area initially.

3. mlascano

mlascano S Sig #722

Update: even though not yet official, a Tesla Rep told me plans are for a service center to open in Columbus before 2012 ends.

4. Rifleman

Thats great news. This might be the motivation I need to swing for the 60 kWh pack, as it should make the trip from Cincinnati to Columbus, but that trip is just out of reach of the 40. Did the rep drop any hints as to if this location would be just service, or if it would offer sales (and hopefully test drives) as well?

5. mlascano

mlascano S Sig #722

Just a service center from what I was told. Didn't ask about test drives but I would hope once they have a presence in this area they do offer test drives. Tesla needs much more exposure in this area of the country before we see a spike in resrvations/purchases around here.

6. Rifleman

Over the weekend, I was in Florida for work, and stopped in at the Dania Beach store. Talking to one of the many reps that were there (turns out it was a get amped weekend) he said that he heard talk about a Cincinnati service center, but did not know what the time frame for this service center is.

7. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

Tesla's site has a job req open for St. Louis service manager. I'm looking forward to that. :)

8. fullclev

fullclev Member

I somehow got incredible info from Tesla that there are 28 current reservation holders who indicated Cleveland as their location. they noted one to me as Pepper Pike. They're not interested in giving names yet, but I'm thinking that even if there is no immediate service center, there could be a pooling of cost to drop in a ranger for maintenance.

9. Rifleman

10. mlascano

mlascano S Sig #722

11. LakeForest

LakeForest Member

Tesla store is going into Old Orchard mall in skokie and is set to open in about three weeks.

12. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

I'll probably go over there when it opens and set up a test drive. I'd be happy to take pictures and report to anyone who isn't nearby.

13. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

I called Tesla to get some info on the Skokie store, but the rep didn't have any information on when exactly it was going to open. Anyone have any inside info on this?

14. mlascano

mlascano S Sig #722

An update on the Columbus Service Center: I called Tesla Serrvice for an issue I'm having with a door handle. A few hours later I got a call back from Tesla and the guy introduced himself as "XXX from Tesla Service in Columbus"!!

So latest word is they've hired and manager, a service advisor and a tech, looking to hire another tech. The Service Center will likely open in a "couple of weeks" and will be located in Dublin, OH (NW Columbus).

Glad to see they're getting closer!

15. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

Very Nice! I may not have to fly to Chicago for pickup after all!

16. dave

dave Member

The Columbus service folks will be bringing me my winter wheels this weekend!

I know, I know, winter is half way over, but I need to be able to drive the car for work even if it snows. Didn't buy her to leave her in the garage!!

17. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

Anybody have any contact info? I'd like to ship them my Winter Wheels and Tires in advance of MS delivery.

18. mlascano

mlascano S Sig #722

Don't have a number for them. But the person I spoke to today is currently in Chicago completing his training. I suggest you call the Chicago Service Center and see if they can hook you up with the Columbus guys.