Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Tesla owners in Central Louisiana other than me!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am considering buying a Tesla - are they any issues regards to charging stations or service related issues that I should consider before I consider getting at Tesla - I am based in New Orleans. I figured I would get the opinion of Tesla owners in Louisiana

I just move to Baton Rouge and also just configured a Model 3. Anyone have experience getting Teslas in Louisiana recently? Are they able to deliver and do the paperwork? I filled out all the info about registration and license but don't have a VIN yet.

Also, have you guys had experience with the Louisiana tax incentive?

I picked up in Houston, it seems to be the fastest way. They will pick you up from a car rental place or airport if you let them know ahead of time. If you get it delivered, they will most likely meet you in a Walmart sized parking lot or truck stop. They won’t do a delivery at night or in the rain.

All the paperwork to take delivery is done online. You will then have to go to the DMV and pay taxes on the car. I’d recommend joint Louisiana Tesla Owners and Dreamers on Facebook.

Thank you. So they were able to register the car to Louisiana for you? I was reading somewhere that someone had to get it registered temporarily to California or something then change it over. Were you able to get the supposed $2,500 LA state credit?
Vehicle Incentives

Any recommendations for electricians in the area? I need to put 240V plug into my garage.

I picked up in Houston, it seems to be the fastest way. They will pick you up from a car rental place or airport if you let them know ahead of time. If you get it delivered, they will most likely meet you in a Walmart sized parking lot or truck stop. They won’t do a delivery at night or in the rain.

All the paperwork to take delivery is done online. You will then have to go to the DMV and pay taxes on the car. I’d recommend joint Louisiana Tesla Owners and Dreamers on Facebook.

Thank you. So they were able to register the car to Louisiana for you? I was reading somewhere that someone had to get it registered temporarily to California or something then change it over. Were you able to get the supposed $2,500 LA state credit?
Vehicle Incentives

Any recommendations for electricians in the area? I need to put 240V plug into my garage.
I picked mine up from Houston at the end of March. Tesla does not do the paperwork to get it tagged in Louisiana. They will send you after delivery a manufacturers bill of sale which will allow you to take that to the DMV to get it registered. I had to chase up getting the paperwork. I worked with Callie Hayes in Houston and she was able to track down what I needed to get the car registered.

Last edited:
Tesla sent me the forms filled out already for everything I needed to take to the DMV in a Fedex envelope about a week after I took the car. It had Texas temporary tags on it. When you go to the DMV to register, make sure you bring the financing document because they want that too. Its kinda annoying but whatever.