Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Tesla owners in Frankfurt, Germany want to help a fellow Tesla brother out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife was going through security at the Frankfurt Airport in Germany on the morning of November 28th and apparently security really had her tear her bags apart. Well, my wife lost her keyless remote to our Model S, likely going through the security checkpoint leading to the Z gates (United Airlines). I go to Frankfurt quite often, but won't be passing through again for the next several months or I would just go there myself and do it.

Anyway, I saw on the Frankfurt Airport website that there's a lost and found department one can contact through the website, which (I think) I did. I hit the send button, but there's no acknowledgment of anything being sent- the screen just comes up blank. Besides, although most of the Germans I have met speak excellent English, I don't know if the person reading these e-mails understands English very well nor understands what the heck I'm talking about in that I lost a keyless remote that looks like a toy car! I'm sure something is likely to be lost in the translation.

So are there any German speakers who might be willing to give the phone number a call below and explain exactly what this keyfob thing is in German? Apparently if they have it, they'll ship it to me. I just have to figure out if they have it! I can PM you with more details as needed....Thanks!

Lost and Found, Frankfurt Airport
Terminal 1, Concourse A, Level 0
Opening times: Daily from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Telephone: +49 (0) 69 690 66359

I cant help, but the languages department in your local college surely has a German speaker

You could also use a real-time phone interpreter, such as LanguageLine Solutions - Interpretation, Translations and Localization

I'm sure I could find a German speaker somewhere, but then I have to explain the whole keyfob thing, then I'd have to figure out how to pay for their call to Germany, etc. I figured if there was a German guy/gal on the forum that lived in Frankfurt and could make a free local call to lost and found and knew exactly what I was missing and could explain it, that it would be easier before I drop $175 bucks. No big deal if it doesn't work....just thought I'd try!

Thanks though.

Open Chrome and activate the translate function, or open Google Translate in another tab.

I have successfully negotiated a good price for audio equipment and opened accounts on
Amazon.co.jp and Tenso using this, and I have no knowledge of the the language, nor did
the other guy speak English.

Guten Tag!

Am a Kraut married to an American and live 50 min away from FRA Airport.
Let me know whether I can be of assistance.

Kind regards,

HyperMiler

he-he thanks. I found out that apparently Frankfurt security doesn't have it. If it wasn't found there, it could be ANYWHERE between the US and Germany! I think I'm just going to cough up the $$. :( Thanks everyone for the help.