Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Tesla owners in the Sea Ranch, Gualala area that can spare a few amps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be driving to Gualala for a meeting the first week of December with my S70. I had planned on stopping at the Sea Ranch Lodge for an hour to be sure I had enough juice to get back to Petaluma to Supercharge. The lodge is closed for the winter season. Anyone in the area willing to let me stop by for an hour and pick up 20-25 miles of charge? I may not even need any but if I do, It’ll be a problem. I’ll be staying at a BnB that does not have any facilities for me to charge, I could drive one of our fossil fuel vehicles but it’s a 500 mile round trip for me...enough said... thanks in advance.

Wow, plugshare shows that whole highway 1 path as a charge desert. You'd think there would be at least a little chargepoint or something.
Charge desert indeed! My S70 has a fully charged range of 230. From Petaluma SC’r to Gualala is 89 miles and I’m doing a round trip 0n that charge. It’ll be cold overnight so I know I’m going to be pushing it. My Plan B is to stop at a winery near Jenner and buy a bottle to take home and just hang on on their HPWC for an hour, assuming they’re not closed or it’s broken etc. this will be the first time I’ve experienced range anxiety in 35K miles.

I will be driving to Gualala for a meeting the first week of December with my S70. I had planned on stopping at the Sea Ranch Lodge for an hour to be sure I had enough juice to get back to Petaluma to Supercharge. The lodge is closed for the winter season. Anyone in the area willing to let me stop by for an hour and pick up 20-25 miles of charge? I may not even need any but if I do, It’ll be a problem. I’ll be staying at a BnB that does not have any facilities for me to charge, I could drive one of our fossil fuel vehicles but it’s a 500 mile round trip for me...enough said... thanks in advance.
I can help if no one has offered. PM me.

T
The Sea Ranch lodge has shut down pending a new owner. The Tesla chargers are currently powered off, and the only thing open at the lodge is the post office.
thanks for the heads up. Bummer about the lodge. That’s usually a stopping point for me just to catch my breath after the long drive from SLO. I have a Plan A winery charge Plan B generous Sea Ranch owner but i’ll Always be happy for a Plan C if anyone has any other opportunities along this route. I think I will be able to 110V connect overnight at the BnB. That will probably eliminate phantom drain.

There is a camp ground / RV park at Manchester beach with 50amp hookups.
Thanks for that! Is that Manchester Beach State Park? We are traveling to Sea Ranch in a couple of weeks. I'm on my 2nd MS since 2015 and haven't seen many charging dead zones since then. I still have a CHAdeMO charger adapter I used along time ago for trips to Southern Ca. before they started building SC down there.

Thanks!

Thanks for that! Is that Manchester Beach State Park? We are traveling to Sea Ranch in a couple of weeks. I'm on my 2nd MS since 2015 and haven't seen many charging dead zones since then. I still have a CHAdeMO charger adapter I used along time ago for trips to Southern Ca. before they started building SC down there.

Thanks!
You should be able to make it to Sea Ranch from San Mateo on a single charge. If not stop in Petaluma and supercharge. There are also 2 level 2 chargers at Sea Ranch building supply. $10 per hour.

Reactions: Willyiswily
You should be able to make it to Sea Ranch from San Mateo on a single charge. If not stop in Petaluma and supercharge. There are also 2 level 2 chargers at Sea Ranch building supply. $10 per hour.
Thanks! I'm not concerned with making it from San Mateo to Sea Ranch. Once I'm there however I like to have the ability to roam around without worrying about miles on the car. There are not a lot of destination chargers showing up in the area. Nice to have the Sea Ranch Building Supply as an option. I thought maybe there would be more towards Mendocino since that is a larger tourist area. But Mendocino is about an hour and a half north. Might make a day trip up there.