Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Tesla's for hire? - Melbourne

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I'm an expat who now works at Tesla based in the HQ in silicon valley. I'm heading back across the pond for a wedding in Melbourne and a holiday in early Jan. My friend getting married, she is an absolute Tesla nut so I was thinking rather than the usual boring wedding present I could hire them Tesla as their wedding car for the day.

Does anyone know if these can be hired in Melbourne? My googling hasn't been successful so far. OR, would anyone be willing to hire theirs out for the day? With the extra bonus of asking me all the questions you want about the model X/3/etc :) Negotiable on who would be driving.

Thanks,

Joel

Hi all,

I'm an expat who now works at Tesla based in the HQ in silicon valley. I'm heading back across the pond for a wedding in Melbourne and a holiday in early Jan. My friend getting married, she is an absolute Tesla nut so I was thinking rather than the usual boring wedding present I could hire them Tesla as their wedding car for the day.

Does anyone know if these can be hired in Melbourne? My googling hasn't been successful so far. OR, would anyone be willing to hire theirs out for the day? With the extra bonus of asking me all the questions you want about the model X/3/etc :) Negotiable on who would be driving.

Thanks,

Joel

There's at least one Uber option if they can do a full day. Can't the mothership arrange something with one of the Melbourne demo fleet for you?

Great community response, nice work guys :)

Can I ask what sort of stuff you're doing at Tesla, Joel?

I find it crazy none the sports car rental or unique car rental places are doing this! Even Hertz and europcar have sports cars like Ferraris or Mercs and things available as a standard hire (although more expensive).

I'm very keen to hire one for Xmas for a week as I'm still 12 months off from buying mine but can't find one from any places for love nor money. Talk about a gap in the market.

Thanks heaps fellas! I'll confirm with the bride-to-be that she is actually needs a car for the day, and get back to you. I did contact the Aus sales office, but haven't gotten anything promising so far, it sounds like they might be low on cars at that time.

- - - Updated - - -

Salamagd, send you a PM

Hi Everyone,

Please forgive my ignorance, I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to anything to do with cars so i'll do my best not to make a fool of myself...

My partner and I are getting married in August and I would Like to surprise him with something a bit special. I hear him talking quiet regularly about Tesla's and i know he's very interested in them. I've seen that some of you are gracious enough to hire yours out so I'm wondering if anyone can help me out?

Id be looking at having him picked up in Melbourne City and driven up to Mount Dandenong then have a few photos with the car. I would only need about 3-4 hours of your time on the day.

If no one is available, would someone be able to point me in the right direction to where i can hire one from?

Thanks.

Hi everyone new to forum pages although ive been reading a few for a while as i love Tesla and will definitely be putting my name down for a Tesla 3 no matter how long the wait.

I work with a sustainable clothing label, we are looking at doing a big publicity event at the end of this year as part of our sustainability efforts we want to be delivering with electric vehicles rather than trucks etc. (we have a new volt at the moment) but we prefer Tesla simply couldn't afford it at that time.

The event would be a fun meet and greet with everyone then a drive around the city with as many cars as possible.

if anyone is interested it would be amazing to see as many Tesla lovers as possible there.

If your interested i can keep you updated if you start a conversation to send me your email.

Last edited by a moderator: