Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Third party apps worth recommending?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are any of the apps that provide additional info such as Teslafi or Teslacope worth buying? Also my new Model 3 SR has a firmware level that my Tesla service center said is several levels behind but they said there was no way to “push” it to current level since my car is so new, 4 days old, and it might take a couple weeks for it to update itself. If this accurate? The reason I am asking this is that there is no place to request to be in the FSD beta even though I have FSD.

On your second question about firmware version, yes that is correct. The first post in this thread in the software subforum is accurate:

On the third party apps, people that use them like them. There are several threads in various subforums on specific ones like the ones you mention.

You can sign up for Teslifi with the referral code "FREE30" and try it out for 30 days. At the end of 30 days if you dont add a credit card to your account profile your trial will expire. (Basically you have to opt-in to paying for it at the end, rather than cancel to avoid being charged). I highly recommend checking it out.

As far as software pushes, I think the general consensus on the forum is that most people see their first update somewhere between 4 to 6 weeks after taking ownership.

Ppl seem to genuinely like/love the stats app. It’s gotten quite $$ in recent years though and I’m bummed I didn’t pick it up earlier when it’s was like ONLY $10 but I can’t bring myself to part with that much $$ for it now. YMMV