Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot - Charging slowed - Poor grid power quality

fjs21

Jul 25, 2018
Buffalo
B6B639E8-CB6E-4388-9D13-ADEAAC520C44.jpeg

M3 2018 AWD connected to Tesla Wall Power both purchased in Sep 2018. Was working fine and charging at 48 A until yesterday when it was limited to 32 A.

Initially got different error message but following a power cycle of the wall connector and update to 2021.4.3 this is the new error. Tesla messages confirm car reports issue with incoming power.

Should I call the electrician that installed? What should they be looking for?

P-Lo801

Apr 19, 2019
Sacramento, CA
You should be able to check your "notifications" in the software menu and get the exact error code. From there, Tesla will have a link you can click on to expand upon what the error code means.

• Helpful
Reactions: lUtriaNt

SMAlset

Mar 4, 2017
SF Bay Area
OP saw you are in Buffalo. With this cold weather could your utility be having issues maintaining power in the cold? Otherwise I would suspect a wiring connection issue (does come loose over time and might need tightening), that or possibly an equipment issue.

BTW noticed the bottom alert. I’ve had that one a few times when I “parked” my car while sitting in the parking lot of Starbucks in order to drink my drivethru coffee. Had pulled into the parking space (car stopped and stationary with “Hold”) leaving car On and didn’t put into Park.

UAnicka

Aug 11, 2020
Ahwatukee
View attachment 636141

M3 2018 AWD connected to Tesla Wall Power both purchased in Sep 2018. Was working fine and charging at 48 A until yesterday when it was limited to 32 A.

Initially got different error message but following a power cycle of the wall connector and update to 2021.4.3 this is the new error. Tesla messages confirm car reports issue with incoming power.

Should I call the electrician that installed? What should they be looking for?
We also got the same error message, code PCS_a019 after the February update. Made appointment right away and Tesla diagnosed it fairly quickly on our M3P... faulty PCS!
Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 10.01.36 AM.png

Attachments

• IMG_7186 3.PNG
    IMG_7186 3.PNG
    4.5 MB · Views: 123
  • Informative
Reactions: KenC

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC