Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any thoughts on the new forum layout?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Vostok

Jul 1, 2017
Sydney
Still reflecting on whether it’s better or not.

I noticed that one can only “like“ a post now... no more “informative”, “funny”, “helpful” or “disagree” (at least not for me). The feedback history on every post seems to have gone - so we all start from 0.

The little head symbol on people‘s avatar I assume means they are currently online. Various other symbols below some people’s avatars are often mysterious and I cannot find a legend explaining what they mean.

The superposition of your own avatar on the avatar of the author of a thread I assume means you have posted to that thread, but I’m not convinced that’s a step forward from the red dot.

The full range of UTF emojis are now possible.. so I guess that’s a win.

If you long press on Like.. you can still use the other icons..

I've hit this new software version on another forum I read, and wasn't the biggest fan..

On mobile there is too much white space, and the avatars are way too big.
Go to the Australia subforum and I can only see the top pinned post.
Scroll, then you can only see at most 6 posts (way too few).

And definitely not a fan of the bright red bottom bar.

Dark theme support would be nice - my eyes are burning....

TMC dark theme.png

Go to the settings/account page, click Preferences, from Style choose "TMC Dark"

• Helpful
Reactions: jeremymc7
I'm totally fine with it. I'm happy to cut this one some slack. For example, I found the other reaction buttons by hovering on the Like button, just like FB.
I wrestle regularly with websites that are far, far worse in ways that render them pretty much unusable.

Reactions: pilotSteve
If you long press on Like.. you can still use the other icons..

I've hit this new software version on another forum I read, and wasn't the biggest fan..

On mobile there is too much white space, and the avatars are way too big.
Go to the Australia subforum and I can only see the top pinned post.
Scroll, then you can only see at most 6 posts (way too few).

And definitely not a fan of the bright red bottom bar.
Thank you very much for the tip.

I like it. Especially the ability to have the Sticky threads collapsed and hidden. Previously it was in your face and I had to scroll through them every time to find the new content in normal threads. For the most part stickies was like a mini forum for superchargers at locations which are usually half a country away which I have little interest in and the blurb about no referral codes. So it is annoying to have to scroll through them every time. So the new system is good.

1615497515824.png

Reactions: paulp and Vostok
Here’s a subtle and minor thing I’ve noticed... the little website icon that appears in the browser tab is the “TMC” logo for individual threads, but the default WordPress icon is shown for the top-level Australia forum. Like someone forgot to load the icon for that directory.

So I guess we now know the new system is using WordPress, maybe it’s always been that way 😄