Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any tickets from Launch Mode ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone gotten a ticket from simply using Launch Mode on a public street?

I'm not talking about speeding tickets or other infractions. Just looking to see if any law enforcement has observed a launch mode and deemed it reckless or unsafe and pulled over the car even though the posted speed limit was not exceeded.

This is a remarkably imprecise statement. Faster than the speed limit? Faster than a Camaro? Faster than the speed of light? It certainly is faster than non launch mode during that portion of the acceleration curve.

It's really not. It hardly does anything, unless you had already handi-capped your car by enabling creep mode.

Launch mode pre-stresses the drive components and saves a small fraction of a second in 0-60, but the difference wouldn't be enough for a police officer to notice.

My personal observation is that since these cars are no-drama and quiet when accelerating, they don't quite get noticed as much as a tire screetcher and cylinder banger.

However, there's no guarantee you won't get pulled over for launching at a light.

Launch mode pre-stresses the drive components and saves a small fraction of a second in 0-60, but the difference wouldn't be enough for a police officer to notice.

My personal observation is that since these cars are no-drama and quiet when accelerating, they don't quite get noticed as much as a tire screetcher and cylinder banger.

However, there's no guarantee you won't get pulled over for launching at a light.

It does nothing. Slip start launch is still faster

Reactions: bhzmark
Yes. Even DragTimes was only getting about 0.05 out of it, and they never recorded a time with slip start, which is clearly faster in my car.

So you just agreed with what I posted. What is your point? This thread is not "how do I get the fastest 0-60 times?", nor is it "is launch mode faster than slip start?"

The comment was in comparison to a regular launch (ie flooring it).

And incidentally, you can't post an argument that "it does nothing" and then in the next post say it saves 0.05sec, as if that contradicts my statement that it saves a small fraction of a second. Unless you're just looking to be argumentative just for giggles.

So you just agreed with what I posted. What is your point? This thread is not "how do I get the fastest 0-60 times?", nor is it "is launch mode faster than slip start?"

The comment was in comparison to a regular launch (ie flooring it).

The thread is if anyone is going to get a ticket for using launch mode. My point is, it's not any faster. Why would you get more tickets for not going any faster?

You clowns are totally missing my point. My point and question is, has anyone gotten a ticket for launching at a stop light? I don't care what mode you're in. I'm curious if any police have taken issue with the rate of acceleration and tried to claim it was either reckless or racing and given a ticket for it. Thanks. Sorry if my OP was confusing you.