Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any trick to knowing what options are on a Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, for a robust tool, Tesla would need to unlock the vault, so to speak, and that ain't happenin'. But EV-CPO's robust database and crowdsourcing from, say, TMC members who are overly willing to share their car's specs (e.g. P85D+ | Ludicrous | 90kWh | Blue | 21" Grey | Pano | AP1 | Hi-Fi | Carbon Fiber | Front Cam | Appliqué | Flux Capacitor), that would be a pretty solid start.

But back on topic: Someone please help me!

Hey pinke2323, I'm in the same situation as you. I'm looking at some Carvana deals but have no idea what the options are of the cars listed.

Did you end up buying the car or did Carvana help identify the options? I guess one possibility is to buy and when it's delivered check the specs firsthand. If it's not what you want tell them to take it back. Apparently they're really good about the 7 day free return. I'd rather not do that but if they're not willing to get the information on their site what else can you do?

Hey pinke2323, I'm in the same situation as you. I'm looking at some Carvana deals but have no idea what the options are of the cars listed.

Did you end up buying the car or did Carvana help identify the options? I guess one possibility is to buy and when it's delivered check the specs firsthand. If it's not what you want tell them to take it back. Apparently they're really good about the 7 day free return. I'd rather not do that but if they're not willing to get the information on their site what else can you do?

Unfortunately, no one I can talk with at Carvana has seen the car in person. I'm still in the buying process (waiting on Tesla mobile service now). Normally, I wouldn't have a problem with waiting a few days to check out the car in person, but it's been several weeks and I just want to know if this car is worth waiting for. Will definitely return if necessary, but note that you still have to pay for shipping if you're not in a Carvana market.

While you're browsing Carvana (or elsewhere), try running the VINs through the "Option Code Lookup" here: https://ev-cpo.com/hunter/. You might get lucky if it passed through Tesla.com!

• Love
Reactions: aerodyne and EV-CPO
Unfortunately, no one I can talk with at Carvana has seen the car in person. I'm still in the buying process (waiting on Tesla mobile service now). Normally, I wouldn't have a problem with waiting a few days to check out the car in person, but it's been several weeks and I just want to know if this car is worth waiting for. Will definitely return if necessary, but note that you still have to pay for shipping if you're not in a Carvana market.

While you're browsing Carvana (or elsewhere), try running the VINs through the "Option Code Lookup" here: https://ev-cpo.com/hunter/. You might get lucky if it passed through Tesla.com!

Getting a hit on a VIN on https://ev-cpo.com/hunter/ is pretty rare but I always try anyway.

So are you buying from Carvana or from Tesla? If from Carvana how does the Tesla mobile service come into play?

Getting a hit on a VIN on https://ev-cpo.com/hunter/ is pretty rare but I always try anyway.

So are you buying from Carvana or from Tesla? If from Carvana how does the Tesla mobile service come into play?
Buying from Carvana. Very long story short, they let the car sit around too long and the 12V battery died. Then they lost the keys. So now they definitely have to have Tesla mobile service come to them. That also means they have to transfer ownership to request service. It's been an adventure.

• Informative
Reactions: HankLloydRight
Since I've already hijacked this old thread with a question that still can't be answered, I might as well get something out of it and ask you all -- is this a good deal worth waiting (longer) for? ...

2015 MS 70D for $36,400
70k miles
Black w/black leather next gen seats
AP1 activated (90% sure)
Pano + sunroof
UHFS, XM
Powerliftgate
Premium lighting, interior
19" standard wheels (5-point split-spoke)
2 brand-new keys, lol
Clean Carfax; one-owner lease (TX)
Powertrain warranty through 2023, but would need to purchase extended warranty otherwise.
Not sure about: Jump seats, (air) suspension, subzero.

Thoughts?

Unfortunately only Tesla has all that data, and they're certainly not releasing it.

this is freaking annoying that they won't...
not that this is news to anybody but,
I'm looking to buy a used Tesla, called the SC w/ VIN, asked about warranty status
"sorry we can only release info to owner" WTH? that's just stupid

I called a Chevy dealer w/ a Corvette VIN from some website,
they told me where it was sold, what warranty was etc...