Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any UK inventory orders yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gangzoom

May 22, 2014
Uk
Saw my first white on white Model 3 yesterday, despite our best efforts to resist I think we are going to end up with a 50% of Elons 'S 3 X Y' vision on our driveway sooner rather than later....

I'll probably wait a few more weeks till end of Sep approaches. Given the flurry of UK delivers just bases on pure numbers there must be a few cancelled orders Tesla want to shift ASAP appearing.

Anyone with a 3 order been approached by Tesla to take up an 'inventory' car?

I would guess as soon as you leave the showroom the V5C will be set to you as the first owner so returning it would have to result in a used car as the next owner would be the second owner
I’d guess that the very few cars that are returned will end up as service loaners, or demonstrators for test drive events. Then Tesla regularly resell these every few months, so they would be sold as low-mileage used cars, but with the full warranty.

I wonder if there are many that reject their car after 2 years waiting, hours spent checking vin and shipping forecasts and on the phone to tesla to get the final invoices. I think tesla got us in the ....

I know of two, one an appalling paint job with a door that looked like it belonged on a different car. Can’t remember the detail on the other one.

• Informative
Reactions: gangzoom and Roy W.
I know of two, one an appalling paint job with a door that looked like it belonged on a different car. Can’t remember the detail on the other one.

Think i saw that one, rear door was a different red to the front? Quality PDI on these obviously. I don’t think i’d leave the showroom with that. Theres been some really crap photos appearing on the various forums. That one with the white interior with creases all over it and the seat backs coming away. No amount of wait time in the order line could lead me to sign for a car like either of those.

Only other return i’ve come across is that chap on youtube who mentioned he was returning it in his video about the ionity charger not working and generating errors in the car. ( I don’t think he returned it as a direct result of that ).

Reactions: gangzoom and Roy W.

I suppose that's the risk of buying an 'inventory' car, you may well get a dud, and for a few Ks of savings might not be worth it.

Despite all the horror stories of issues with Xs, ours has been rock solid, and picking up someone else's rejected 3 may not be good move interms of long term ownership prospects.

I suppose that's the risk of buying an 'inventory' car, you may well get a dud, and for a few Ks of savings might not be worth it.

Despite all the horror stories of issues with Xs, ours has been rock solid, and picking up someone else's rejected 3 may not be good move interms of long term ownership prospects.

I agree, the other thing I’ve noticed is that some of the inventory cars are quite old (not the case with the 3 of course) and whilst I’’ll look at the route next time I’ll have the microscope out and the option codes nailed down too.