Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any "uncorked" 75D 1/4 mile times out there yet?

How fast is a P75d in the 1/4 mile?

• 13.5 -14 secs

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 13 - 13.5 secs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 12.5 - 13 secs

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Less than 12.5 secs

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What were your other numbers? Was your trap any higher? Wondering just how much it levels off.

This would also mean the X75D is probably a 13.5s Minivan/SUV/Hatchback/Crossover/Wagon thing, not too shabby.

12.8/12.9/13......at that point I saw the pattern and left haha. I did beat a Mustang GT350 (traction limited...13.2s/118mph).

My trap was consistent...around 103-104mph each run. I tried slip start/lower suspension setting but had very similar results. The extreme cold held me back no doubt. Can't wait for summer!

Send quarter mile or 400M runlogs to us via private conversation with GPS left in please. We need it to compute distance but will remove it before posting. You will likely need to do a couple runs to get one good one. In iOS Powertools use the "Vehicle Tracking" run instead of the 0-60 (as that cuts off at 60).

Here is what it will look like. I am obfuscating the numbers because the data isn't clean. I'll post a better run in the next update.

You can see how there are three distinct shapes to power: 1) a nearly linear initial acceleration of power likely limited by torque, 2) a nearly flat apex as the power limits are reached, and 3) a curve as the battery current limit is reached. Eventually the velocity stops as the motors reach maximum rpm, but that limit isn't reached in the quarter mile.

I am not sure the other power sources (AC, heat, radio, lights, etc) make a difference in the 0-60 but they clearly do in the quarter mile, so turn them off beforehand if you want the shortest time and highest speed quarter mile performance

upload_2017-10-26_9-38-7.png

12.8/12.9/13......at that point I saw the pattern and left haha. I did beat a Mustang GT350 (traction limited...13.2s/118mph).

My trap was consistent...around 103-104mph each run. I tried slip start/lower suspension setting but had very similar results. The extreme cold held me back no doubt. Can't wait for summer!

You answered my question before I even asked it. Was wondering if suspension settings/traction would have an effect. Seems like these things run what they run and that's it.

Send quarter mile or 400M runlogs to us via private conversation with GPS left in please. We need it to compute distance but will remove it before posting. You will likely need to do a couple runs to get one good one. In iOS Powertools use the "Vehicle Tracking" run instead of the 0-60 (as that cuts off at 60).

Here is what it will look like. I am obfuscating the numbers because the data isn't clean. I'll post a better run in the next update.

You can see how there are three distinct shapes to power: 1) a nearly linear initial acceleration of power likely limited by torque, 2) a nearly flat apex as the power limits are reached, and 3) a curve as the battery current limit is reached. Eventually the velocity stops as the motors reach maximum rpm, but that limit isn't reached in the quarter mile.

I am not sure the other power sources (AC, heat, radio, lights, etc) make a difference in the 0-60 but they clearly do in the quarter mile, so turn them off beforehand if you want the shortest time and highest speed quarter mile performance

View attachment 256295

Unfortunately I never put my powertools app on to record that juicy info. Argh....