Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Upcoming BEVs with AWD besides the Germans?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like most Japanese car makers are making an about face with Toyota, Honda and even Mazda announcing they will be producing BEVs by 2019/20.

The Germans are at it too with BMW and MB likely taking the lead with VW very much behind promising something by 2025.

With AWD, I understand that only the Germans and the luxury division of Japanese car makers offer AWD, except on SUV's/CUV's.

Any updates as to which BEV will have an AWD option besides the Model 3? I think I will use this criterion to reduce analysis paralysis when shopping for an EV. A friend who leased an S is very much content with it and has had some minor nuisances fixed, making his S more endearing to him.

Yes, but the Audi is really in Model X territory I would think. Mixed feelings as to the Audi e-tron, as initially the only plant building them will be 20km from my door, so could either be very promising, or (a year or so later) simply the end of the Audi plant in Brussels.

Reactions: internalaudit
Yes, but the Audi is really in Model X territory I would think. Mixed feelings as to the Audi e-tron, as initially the only plant building them will be 20km from my door, so could either be very promising, or (a year or so later) simply the end of the Audi plant in Brussels.

Yeah, I'm thinking $50k USD before taxes and government incentives. That probably rules out a lot of German makes and models that are luxury-priced here in North America.

I don't need luxurious amenities like 4WS (four wheel steering), Active Body Control (Mercedes), or even Tesla's Air Suspension. I just want that will last a long time and drive nicely.

Any updates on whether there were any new announcements relating to AWD BEVs? It seems most manufacturers are quite mum and just provide an expected timeline when they'll be releasing their line of BEVs.

It seems to me that Audi has entirely backed away from a BEV. Their e-tron concept is now the Q8 concept, and there's no mention at all of a BEV, only PHEV and (sigh) gas-only options. Disappointing but not surprising from a dinosaur company.

• Informative
It seems to me that Audi has entirely backed away from a BEV. Their e-tron concept is now the Q8 concept, and there's no mention at all of a BEV, only PHEV and (sigh) gas-only options. Disappointing but not surprising from a dinosaur company.

I believe the two are separate vehicles. I would be surprised if the e-tron Quattro was cancelled at this point given that they have already started taking deposits for it in Norway.

• Informative