Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

any updates on the official dimension of cybertruck?

Rippin1Gear

Feb 7, 2020
Seattle
Really kind of a joke when a CEO says he's going to release new renderings/dimensions "in about a month" and then just...doesn't for four more months. But if we take his "about 3% smaller" comments from the Rogan podcast and apply them, we'd get:
-length: ~224.75 inches (about 18.7 feet)
-width: ~77.4 inches (about 6.45 feet)
-height: 72.75 inches (about 6 feet)

That's if they are uniformly applying a 3% reduction equally. We don't know for sure since they can't stick to their own one month timeline from last November.
Just have to find out the maximum specs the boring tunnel will accommodate... should solve the questions of what the size will be.

TessP100D

Jan 15, 2018
La Quinta, Ca
So the truck will be parked inside in the garage at night when the sun isn't out and it is cooler yet be parked outside when you are at work during the day. This is going to protect it from the heat and sun how?
My CT... if it ever gets here, will be parked inside my garage at all times when she is home. Just like my other rocket ship... ahh... P100D

Reactions: Blup85

JayNJ

Jul 13, 2018
New Jersey
I really hope they make it under 220". Rivian is going to be around 217, would prefer to get the CT, however rivian is looking better as it will fit in garage and includes federal $7500 tax credit. I don't see how they can make tri-motor version with 500 mile range for anywhere near the suggested $70k price as both model S and X are much more base price.
They are relying on the new batteries and the costs dropping, just like the Semi. They will probably release it much later than the lower trims to try to hit the price point. I would prefer a long range without the extra motor.

Bridor

Mar 20, 2016
Maricopa, Arizona
They scrapped the 3% size reduction a long time ago. Time to figure out if there is another alternative. I'm thinking some sort of canopy might work or an elevator into the Earth. Man, if I could only win the lottery...

Brent

DarkandStormy

Apr 16, 2021
Cbus
They scrapped the 3% size reduction a long time ago. Time to figure out if there is another alternative. I'm thinking some sort of canopy might work or an elevator into the Earth. Man, if I could only win the lottery...

Brent

Starts around 77:40. Says they adjusted it down "around 3%." This is as of February 2021.

Reactions: JoRoMo

Bridor

Mar 20, 2016
Maricopa, Arizona
Joe Rogan must be using old news.

Reviewed design with Franz last night. Even 3% smaller is too small. Will be pretty much this size. We’ll probably do a smaller, tight world truck at some point.
May 23rd, 2020 - Elon Musk via Twitter...

I hope they are not downsizing it...

Brent

DarkandStormy

Apr 16, 2021
Cbus
Joe Rogan must be using old news.

Reviewed design with Franz last night. Even 3% smaller is too small. Will be pretty much this size. We’ll probably do a smaller, tight world truck at some point.
May 23rd, 2020 - Elon Musk via Twitter...

I hope they are not downsizing it...

Brent

You're quoting a Tweet from May 23, 2020 and I'm playing a podcast episode from February 2021 in which Elon says 3% smaller. Come on, man.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC