Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

any updates on the official dimension of cybertruck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really kind of a joke when a CEO says he's going to release new renderings/dimensions "in about a month" and then just...doesn't for four more months. But if we take his "about 3% smaller" comments from the Rogan podcast and apply them, we'd get:
-length: ~224.75 inches (about 18.7 feet)
-width: ~77.4 inches (about 6.45 feet)
-height: 72.75 inches (about 6 feet)

That's if they are uniformly applying a 3% reduction equally. We don't know for sure since they can't stick to their own one month timeline from last November.
Just have to find out the maximum specs the boring tunnel will accommodate... should solve the questions of what the size will be.

So the truck will be parked inside in the garage at night when the sun isn't out and it is cooler yet be parked outside when you are at work during the day. This is going to protect it from the heat and sun how?
My CT... if it ever gets here, will be parked inside my garage at all times when she is home. Just like my other rocket ship... ahh... P100D

Reactions: Blup85
I really hope they make it under 220". Rivian is going to be around 217, would prefer to get the CT, however rivian is looking better as it will fit in garage and includes federal $7500 tax credit. I don't see how they can make tri-motor version with 500 mile range for anywhere near the suggested $70k price as both model S and X are much more base price.
They are relying on the new batteries and the costs dropping, just like the Semi. They will probably release it much later than the lower trims to try to hit the price point. I would prefer a long range without the extra motor.

They scrapped the 3% size reduction a long time ago. Time to figure out if there is another alternative. I'm thinking some sort of canopy might work or an elevator into the Earth. Man, if I could only win the lottery...

Brent

Starts around 77:40. Says they adjusted it down "around 3%." This is as of February 2021.

Reactions: LionXng and JoRoMo
Joe Rogan must be using old news.

Reviewed design with Franz last night. Even 3% smaller is too small. Will be pretty much this size. We’ll probably do a smaller, tight world truck at some point.
May 23rd, 2020 - Elon Musk via Twitter...

I hope they are not downsizing it...

Brent

Joe Rogan must be using old news.

Reviewed design with Franz last night. Even 3% smaller is too small. Will be pretty much this size. We’ll probably do a smaller, tight world truck at some point.
May 23rd, 2020 - Elon Musk via Twitter...

I hope they are not downsizing it...

Brent

You're quoting a Tweet from May 23, 2020 and I'm playing a podcast episode from February 2021 in which Elon says 3% smaller. Come on, man.

Here is the greater Seattle area if you buy a newly constructed house that's under $1M then most likely your garage won't fit any full size trucks, heck some can barely fit a Model 3. That's why in my neighborhood all trucks and SUVs are parked outside. The difference is that CT owners probably prefer keeping the vehicle indoors so charging is more convenient, instead of installing a weather proof charger outside or try to extend the charging cable out from under the garage door. To me whether the CT will fit my garage will be a deal breaker.

that sounds like really stupid home builders and buyers

They are relying on the new batteries and the costs dropping, just like the Semi. They will probably release it much later than the lower trims to try to hit the price point. I would prefer a long range without the extra motor.
Yep, new cheaper batteries, no paint shop required and no stamping dies to be purchased and replaced. I disagree about the release order though. Looking at previous new model ramping they usually produce the most expensive trim first. The additional batteries are the biggest expense whereas the additional motor(s) is negligible. Also, they now have experience producing a tri-motor design with the new Model S Plaid so that shouldn't be a deterrent to releasing it first. Although I could see an argument that the dual motor will be the first one produced.

Reactions: tren01t
oops i just posted this exact question in the wrong thread lol anyone who reads that sorry-didnt pop up in search with almost exact terms. :)

My garage will fit 22 ft length(proven by boat with trailer and motor. so good there, but height and width is challenging. The width if chopped by 3% would be 6.5 ft I think. Fits but with like 7-8" either side. lol be careful, i guess good that its bare metal not painted :p

I watched where He directly stated it would shrink. I presume the "exactly as it was shown" comment means styling and features.