Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any 'Upgrade Signature' reservation holders know where they stand?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I made my MX reservation oh so long ago I asked to be put on the Signature waiting list. And... several months ago I got the call and sent in my $$$ and now hold a Signature Reservation. But Tesla will not tell me where I stand nor whether I was invited because they had some dropouts or because they were expanding the list.

So I paid the money and I'd at least like to know where I am in the queue. Any others hear anything?

Strib

When I made my MX reservation oh so long ago I asked to be put on the Signature waiting list. And... several months ago I got the call and sent in my $$$ and now hold a Signature Reservation. But Tesla will not tell me where I stand nor whether I was invited because they had some dropouts or because they were expanding the list.

So I paid the money and I'd at least like to know where I am in the queue. Any others hear anything?

Strib

If you hold a signature reservation, you should have a signature reservation number (in My Tesla it should be below your "RN" number). That's your sequence number.

Untitled.png

In my case, #744 is the sequence number.

Strib

So they've never given a sequence number? I upgraded a while ago and was given a sequence number as soon as I wired the money.

Nope, a new sequence number hasn't been given to me, nor does it show up in 'My Tesla' (the old number disappeared). Here was the response I'd received:

For
those upgrading toSignature, we will not be providing a new sequence number, nor disclosing thetotal number of Signature cars we will be producing. Signatures will be invitedahead of General Production to configure their Model X.

Best,
Linda

Actually, that doesn't seem all that crazy. They don't want to advertise that they've had some Signature cancellations (a high number would do that) or indicate that they're making more than the 1000 or so Signature cars. I was shocked when I upgraded to Signature that they gave me 1192, it seemed like a really high number. That was before they sold out of Signatures so I can only imagine how high the number would be now given that they don't compress the list when someone drops out.

When I upgraded I had a sequence number for about a day. I received the same response from Tesla as above when I called about its disappearance. I put that number into the delivery tracker but I have no idea what it actually means other than I'm near the end end of the list

Tesla is standing firm about not telling Signature Upgraders anything about where they stand or how large the class has grown. At least they got back to me today:

Brad,

For customers we provided theopportunity to upgrade to the Signature series from General Production, we arenot providing new sequence numbers.

All Signatures will still beinvited to configure ahead of General Production. Now that we’ve begun invitingSignatures, please stand by for your invitation.

Thanks,
Linda
[/QUOTE]

Lyon, you're probably fortunate to have gotten a sequence number, and what may turn out to be a very low one.

Due to a number of reasons (not the least of which is shipping time) many Model S Sigs got delivered out of order, there was much wailing and wringing of hands in certain areas....I guess Tesla learned to do it a little differently this time.

Actually, that doesn't seem all that crazy. They don't want to advertise that they've had some Signature cancellations (a high number would do that) or indicate that they're making more than the 1000 or so Signature cars. I was shocked when I upgraded to Signature that they gave me 1192, it seemed like a really high number. That was before they sold out of Signatures so I can only imagine how high the number would be now given that they don't compress the list when someone drops out.

I was #1138 for Model S, so I knew there were at least 138 cancellations. As I understand it, I received car #990ish off the line (although my vin is 1049, as they skipped a few VINs in the middle).

- - - Updated - - -

Due to a number of reasons (not the least of which is shipping time) many Model S Sigs got delivered out of order, there was much wailing and wringing of hands in certain areas....I guess Tesla learned to do it a little differently this time.

It was that, and the fact that there were some production reservations that were delivered before the end of the sigs (including mine) that raised a bit of ire.