Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any US CCS updates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if it was a parts shortage. Shrug.

I was looking forward to getting a CCS adapter but no point now. Still hoping this is some sort of reporting mistake. Again, July 2021 build date.

View attachment 749892
Update_LI.jpg

This is M3LR delivered in July. CCS adaptor was Enabled in 2021.44.6, So waiting when I get in NA.

Reactions: FatherTo1
Another 10/2020 Model Y with CSS enabled. I tried to get a SK adapter over to me but they are being sold to Tesla owners only and my friend doesn't own a Tesla. I'm hesitant to ask him to talk to a work buddy (who owns a Tesla) and get that person to buy it for me (with a little extra tossed in for their troubles). I figure Tesla would sell them another adapter since you could have it stolen or lost or something, but I also don't want to cause problems if Tesla starts pushing back a little because people are gray marketing these adapters and it's limited to "one per VIN" or something for awhile...

Another 10/2020 Model Y with CSS enabled. I tried to get a SK adapter over to me but they are being sold to Tesla owners only and my friend doesn't own a Tesla. I'm hesitant to ask him to talk to a work buddy (who owns a Tesla) and get that person to buy it for me (with a little extra tossed in for their troubles). I figure Tesla would sell them another adapter since you could have it stolen or lost or something, but I also don't want to cause problems if Tesla starts pushing back a little because people are gray marketing these adapters and it's limited to "one per VIN" or something for awhile...

Surely there is an owner in SK that's interested in making a few bucks (won).

There likely are, but probably not enough to see them "flood" the ebay market and stuff over here. I have a online friend that lives there but I haven't tried to find anyone else willing to sell the adapter, guess I've been lazy and figured the NA one was coming within a month or two.
I suspect that by the time you go through all the rigamarole to get it shipped to someone in SK, then for them to ship it here (and sit on a cargo ship somewhere) they will be available directly from Tesla.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I suspect that by the time you go through all the rigamarole to get it shipped to someone in SK, then for them to ship it here (and sit on a cargo ship somewhere) they will be available directly from Tesla.
My thoughts as well, which is why I haven’t done the effort. On the other hand, if I don’t go through the effort, it’ll take six months to release over here….

So sorry about that guys ;)

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
My thoughts as well, which is why I haven’t done the effort. On the other hand, if I don’t go through the effort, it’ll take six months to release over here….

So sorry about that guys ;)

Shoot, I dont expect it in the next year weather or not you get one from South Korea... I don't have any contacts in Korea or I would get one now... after all, "Track mode" for the MYP would be a simple software port from the M3P... and we are still waiting on that!

Keith

I wonder how Tesla (corp) interprets such a high desire for the CCS adapter from people in areas where there are a lot of existing Supercharger locations. NJ appears to have more than 30 sites, and I'm over here in Arkansas with 5.
Except I don't Supercharge here in NJ, and 8 of those are on the NJ Turnpike, a toll road. I only use it when I'm on a road trip, and having the CCS adapter would certainly be a nice back-up when I go to places, like Cape Cod, where there are only 3 locations. And once they open up the SC network to other EV's, it will become more important to be able to fast-charge everywhere.

So even with the latest 2022.4.5.3, our Y still shows CCS adapter “not supported”. Our Y was built July 2021 and has the new HEPA filter yet lacks CCS support while Ys built before us In February 2021, and after us in November 2021, have CCS support. Did they just skip a bunch of builds last Summer? Was there a parts shortage affecting CCS components? Anyone else with a July 2021-built Y that has CCS adapter suppprt?

I reached out to the SC and their response was CCS is only for S/X, which doesn’t sound accurate based on what other Y owners have shared from their display info.

966B0D03-6433-4A4A-B785-3D818DDD4823.jpeg
ACC5BC27-9AD9-468E-91EC-A619D52ACD46.jpeg

Was there a parts shortage affecting CCS components? Anyone else with a July 2021-built Y that has CCS adapter suppprt?
Yes, there were parts shortages and Tesla made a bunch of Model 3/Ys without CCS support in mid 2021. (While cars before and after have it.)

There will likely be a retrofit available to add the necessary hardware. They might make it really cheap, or free, for people caught in the middle, but we won't know until they officially announce CCS support n North America. (Since they never said cars would come with CCS support, they don't have to do anything.)

Last edited: