Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any US Model 3 Performance deliveries in 2019?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am so happy to have stumbled upon this thread!
I placed my order for white/white M3P on Jan. 15 in UT in Tesla store. I specifically told the rep that I wanted 2019 production model. Then two weeks later I got an email for delivery date on Feb. 9. Once I got the VIN, I discovered, this was 2018 model. I immediately asked to cancel it to wait for 2019 model. I did not lose my deposit because of it though. So essentially, I've been waiting for my car since the start of February. I've been calling Tesla customer support as well as my local Tesla store in March but no one could give me any specific update.

I was told though that cars are produced in batches, meaning that some production output might be focused on MR or LR or P models and then also black interior might be produced before white. That might justify why it takes so long for white/white 2019 model to get produced. But it looks that some of you have gotten white/white performance with order date being later than mine. If on top of that these models are 2019 than I feel like being screwed.

I did receive a text message with delivery date for March 29 with no VIN. When I talked to the rep, she told me she'll still need to verify if it's indeed 2019 model. If it turns out to be 2018 again, I might develop some eye twitching.

My original M3P order was March 8th with March 18th delivery. I rejected it because car arrived with hood damage & was sent to the body shop.

Updated today with new VIN & scheduled for Saturday March 30th delivery. Hopefully doesn't arrive damaged like the last car.

Yes, Tesla squeezing out as many orders end of the month & end of first quarter with as many on the books as possible.

Reactions: destructure00
As you guys start getting VIN, let us know here... I still think my order is in limbo and there is no way in hell I am getting this car by Sunday.
Nothing here yet. Checking order status 35 times a day like a normal person :eek:

We are going to have to start seeing VINs very soon if they are going to make the delivery appointments that have been set.

I've been watching the waiting rooms for the different configs and it seems like the SR+ guys are the only ones who actually started getting VINs. My assumption is that delivery dates were set when production runs were scheduled for the different configs, but VINs aren't assigned until the cars are actually built. Complete guess but it makes sense to me.

Last edited: