TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Any video or pics with 7 seated?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by KenEE, Jan 27, 2013.

1. KenEE

KenEE P1937 Reward Excellence!

My wife and I are considering getting an X since we love our S so much. I have my doubts about how seven people are going to fit in the X and about the max size of the rear two people?

From youtube videos at NAIAS I see that the middle row seats slide fwd and bck but it looks like it might be too tight for both the middle and back rows to have decent leg room. I'd like to see 7 people actually sitting in there. (all at once :) )

Can you point me to video or pictures showing a full X?

Anyway, I haven't looked real hard here so forgive me if this has been posted.

2. eMileage

eMileage Member

This is an early Model X reveal video from last year http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mURbzh9t0_0
    It's a little long but if you can skip ahead, the Model X segment starts at around 14min. It probably won't give a clear idea of how comfortable or accessible the third row is, but it shows that it does hold 7 people...and more.

Also, I think I heard that the mounting / adjustment mechanism for moving the middle seats forward hadn't yet been finalized?

3. eMileage

eMileage Member

4. fengshui

fengshui Member

The videos from the launch event are the closest I've seen:
    Tesla Model X Test Ride - YouTube
    A search for "Model X Test Drive" on youtube finds a few more.

Of course, both of these are just prototype cars, so I'd be careful to judge the space too much from them. The NAIAS Detroit thread mentioned that on the prototype, the rear seat leg room was about 2" shorter than the back seats in a Model S.