Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any views on Q3 Model Y suspension setup or differences from Q2 so far?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What were the differences? I seem to remember reading on here of a change to the materials used in suspension arms from steel to iron or vice versa, but can’t remember where I read it.

Is it fully independent suspension at the rear? No torsion beam nasties?

Mr M's car was produced pre factory upgrades, so he will have got the same spec as Q2 deliveries.
What makes you think that? Tesla change parts on the vehicles all the time and don't coincide with factory upgrades.

Berlin was recently upgraded, but the suspension was said to be 'better' than MIC before that happened.

What makes you think that? Tesla change parts on the vehicles all the time and don't coincide with factory upgrades.

Berlin was recently upgraded, but the suspension was said to be 'better' than MIC before that happened.
I am happy to accept that I may be wrong! Just seems more likely that changes would happen as part of the factory upgrade.

Also I have not seen any comments from people who received their MY's on the first Q3 shipment to the UK about upgrades/ changes to spec from those previously reported from Q2 (like the parcel shelf).

Also I have not seen any comments from people who received their MY's on the first Q3 shipment to the UK about upgrades/ changes to spec from those previously reported from Q2 (like the parcel shelf).
Mr M confirmed that he did get a parcel shelf

Mr M confirmed that he did get a parcel shelf
Yes I know. I should probably have better phrased it " upgrades/ changes to spec IN ADDITION TO those previously reported from Q2."

I’ve seen a model Y running around locally with red brake callipers. I know these can be fitted after market but just wondered if they now came standard on the LR (as assume if can’t be a performance as they haven’t arrived until he UK yet (have they?)