TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Any volunteering in today's/end of Q4 crunch?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by David29, Dec 31, 2018.

1. David29

David29 Supporting Member

I recall quite a lot of news/chatter about Tesla owners volunteering at some Tesla delivery centers at the end of Q3 to help out with the last minute crunch. Have not heard anything about that for today and this past week, for Q4 crunch.
    Is it happening? Any volunteer efforts? What's it like in the delivery centers? Crazy, I bet!

2. fr100

fr100 Member

I heard they hired a lot more people to do home deliveries this quarter.

• Informative x 1
  3. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

I have seen a few people mention that they were helping out, and others mention that Tesla told them that they weren't needed.

• Informative x 1
  4. suwaneedad

suwaneedad Member

I've seen no indication that there is any year-end delivery crush at all, relative to what we saw at 9/30.

• Like x 1
  5. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Member

I was told the Houston delivery center did 80+ deliveries today.

6. MXWing

MXWing Well-Known Member

I wonder if “New Years” is always the current time zone or if Tesla can finagle to to Hawaii time so they can work the west coast till like 3 am.

7. boriszima

boriszima Member

likely midnight where you take delivery, so yeah in Hawaii they are open later i assume compared to East and West coast.