Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any way to avoid auto-lock based on location?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love the automatic door locking and mirror folding feature, but it drives me bonkers when parked at home in our garage. The mirrors are constantly folding in and out when I'm working on a project walking in and out of the garage. I sometimes leave the key fob in the house to avoid this, but then need the key later to get into the MX for something.

I wish we could just disable automatic locking based on our home location, if desired. We could still lock with the fob, if needed. Perhaps I should just tweet this request. Does this sound resonable?

• Disagree
Reactions: SDRick and spectrum
yeah this annoys me to no end when i am walking in and out of the garage working or getting tools. car keeps turning on and off. not sure what the best solution to this is, maybe there is a mode i don't know of.

Seems reasonable, but it's a security risk. What if you let someone (valet or friend) borrow your car, and they (even accidentally) set it to auto-unlock at that location, without you knowing. Next time it's there, it won't lock, and you won't know your car is open.

Have you sent the request to Tesla? I’ve requested this feature since I got my previous X in 2016. I’ve tweeted EM as well. Nothing has been done so far. If more people request this feature maybe they’ll do something about it.