Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any way to Cancel traffic aware cruise control?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Put your foot on the brake??? Push the stalk up? Read the manual?
I apologize—I see that I wasn’t descriptive enough. I don’t mean cancel, I mean revert to a more conventional cruise control where the driver is in charge. I have been on two road trips since delivery in August. I now have 7,000 miles on my Y, and I have experienced enough phantom braking and weird quirks that I do not trust using “cruise.” I’m not a fan of autopilot—especially at 75-80 mph interstate speeds. I’ve had two prior vehicles with adaptive CC that allows the driver to ratchet down the “awareness” level. I also have a Kia Niro EV that has it that way. Does that make sense?

• Funny
Reactions: boulder.dude
Upvote 0
I apologize—I see that I wasn’t descriptive enough. I don’t mean cancel, I mean revert to a more conventional cruise control where the driver is in charge. I have been on two road trips since delivery in August. I now have 7,000 miles on my Y, and I have experienced enough phantom braking and weird quirks that I do not trust using “cruise.” I’m not a fan of autopilot—especially at 75-80 mph interstate speeds. I’ve had two prior vehicles with adaptive CC that allows the driver to ratchet down the “awareness” level. I also have a Kia Niro EV that has it that way. Does that make sense?
What you’re looking for is not available with Tesla. You get TACC/AP only. It’s quite improved with the last few updates in terms of smoothness and reduced phantom slow
Downs.

Upvote 0
I apologize—I see that I wasn’t descriptive enough. I don’t mean cancel, I mean revert to a more conventional cruise control where the driver is in charge.
Unfortunately, no. There is no conventional cruise control that just keeps the car at a constant speed without regard to surroundings. Sometimes I wish there were for instances where phantom braking and AEB kick in.

Upvote 0
Thanks. I’m receiving another software update while typing. I get it that the whole community is sending the error data up for constant tweaking and improvement of the software. I would rather have someone else be the crash test dummy, I guess, and trust my own cognitive abilities to get me there safely.

Upvote 0
It’s against modern car manufacturers/ government edicts to allow you to make such decisions anymore lol. You can “dial the distance down” that it operates at. I have mine set at minimum distance ….. it’s still not minimal enough for the UK though imo.

Upvote 0