Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any way to change the phone ringtone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe the problem is that I don't get a lot of phone calls when I'm in the car, but when I do, it scares the hell out of me because the phone ringtone sounds like some sort of alarm. Of course, my phone is usually in my purse, so I don't hear the real ringtone. Anybody else bothered by this? Why can't we get a choice of ringtones, or at least just have our own ringtone play through the speakers? I know it's a first world problem, but still...

Reactions: geometro
If there was, somebody would have made a 30 minute video on YouTube already.
Don’t forget to like and subscribe! And always remember, you can use my referral code to save money in charging! Come back next week for another video that has my wife’s cleavage in the preview pic and my drooling idiot children running around in the background!

While we’re on the topic of phone related requests and first world problems, can someone at Tesla PLEASE add the ability for the car interface to read my incoming text messages and (gasp) give me the ability to reply to them using voice commands. Love the car, but for crying out loud there are other cars that are far less technologically advanced that have been reading and responding to text messages for years now.

Once they take care of this I can find something else to b!tch about.

Similar question:

Can I give my car it's own text-tone from the app? (iPhone)

Every night I get a text when it's fully charged. I'd love to assign it it's own sound, just like I do for my kids.. then when I hear it, I know it's my car.. I've looked and looked but see no way to set a different tone.

Sorry to digress from the other car ringtone question.

I'm a fairly recent owner of a Model 3, and my wife can't believe how alarming the ringtone is and why we can get harder backgammon, but no ability to soften or change the ring tone! Maybe the team in charge of games can lend a sound developer to the Phone Interface team and get this fixed once and for all.

Reactions: Kenthecar
While we’re on the topic of phone related requests and first world problems, can someone at Tesla PLEASE add the ability for the car interface to read my incoming text messages and (gasp) give me the ability to reply to them using voice commands. Love the car, but for crying out loud there are other cars that are far less technologically advanced that have been reading and responding to text messages for years now.

Once they take care of this I can find something else to b!tch about.
My M3 reads texts to me. Got this in a recent update. Love it!