TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Any way to change the UI language?

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by BrianZ, Aug 22, 2018.

1. BrianZ

BrianZ Member

Is there any way to change the UI language on the Model 3? Wondering if French is an option.

Thanks

2. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Not sure about the 3, but English and French are options with the Model S and X. It seems to me that French was added quite a while after I'd owned my Model S.

Surprised there are not more options. My Cadillac had a multitude of languages I could switch to. It has it's downsides: I once switched to a language I don't speak or read, and had to use Google Translate to work my way back to the menu option to switch it back to English :rolleyes:

3. Kermee

Kermee It's Not Easy Being Green

If a car model is being sold and delivered in Canada, isn't the availability of French a requirement by law? I could be entirely wrong.

• Like x 1
  4. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Not sure, but can tell you my Model S was English only for quite a few years over my ownership of it. (The first Model S I ever drove in Canada could not even be switched to Metric units!)

• Like x 2
  5. Haxster

Haxster Member

I'm still waiting for Klingon.

• Like x 2
  6. Adam3

Adam3 Member

I keep hoping for a UI easter egg that makes the display look like something from the USS Enterprise

7. FourOhFour

FourOhFour HTTP Error

Google speaks Klingon. Why shouldn't Tesla?

(man, there's a lot more untranslated text than there was last time I looked at it... I bet the other weird ones (xx-bork, xx-pirate) are similarly not updated :-\ )