Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any way to compell data connection after exiting garage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone figured out a way to get the car to reconnect the data connection after exiting an underground parking garage?

I really wish pressing the cellular antenna icon on the display would get the car to try and reestablish the data connection.

So far nothing I have done has worked and sometimes it never reestablished the data connection for the entire drive.

Wonder if this behavior was introduced by a recent software update. Don;t remember having such an issue with this when I initially bought the car.

• Disagree
Reactions: cucubits
On a similar issue occasionally I get a message about my cell phone not being at the right level for text messages. Happened three times now.

I just toggle the Bluetooth icon and then disconnect and reconnect the phone and all is good.

They must have some iffy algorithms on these network connections that need a bit more resiliencey.

On a similar issue occasionally I get a message about my cell phone not being at the right level for text messages. Happened three times now.

I just toggle the Bluetooth icon and then disconnect and reconnect the phone and all is good.

They must have some iffy algorithms on these network connections that need a bit more resiliencey.

I've had sporadic Bluetooth issues with my Galaxy Note as well. Voice calls always work but sometimes the car can;t sync text messages or show my contacts.

• Disagree
Reactions: cucubits
I wonder if they fixed the LTE not connecting right away after existing an underground parking garage.

I have not seen the constant connectivity issues I've had in the past after existing an underground parking garage.

This is exactly the main reason why I refuse to loose my FM radio after doing the MCU upgrade. I live in an apartment building and my Model S parks in level 4 of the underground parking. I'm fortunate enough to live close to work, where I park on an underground parking as well.

It takes longer for my car to connect to the AT&T network everytime I exit each building, than the time it takes me to travel the whole distance from, and to, each of the buildings themselves! So if Tesla leaves me with no radio and just TuneIn and Spotify, I will commute to work in total silence... :(