Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

any way to delete a driver profile?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I figured it out. On the profiles menu, tap at the very bottom (Driver Profile Settings) then select the profile you want to delete and hit "delete". You can also change the names there. The manual says this is where you can see what settings are saved, but I couldn't figure out how to do that.

The reason I needed this is that I have a "reverse" driver profile that has my normal profile but with a different mirror setting (sadly it doesn't work like model S where shifting into reverse gives you a unique mirror setting in your own driver profile). I wanted this setting to match my seat position exactly (which I recently changed) and the only practical way to achieve that is to start with your profile, then create a new profile without changing anything, save it, then adjust the mirrors on that profile and save it.

I figured it out. On the profiles menu, tap at the very bottom (Driver Profile Settings) then select the profile you want to delete and hit "delete". You can also change the names there. The manual says this is where you can see what settings are saved, but I couldn't figure out how to do that.

The reason I needed this is that I have a "reverse" driver profile that has my normal profile but with a different mirror setting (sadly it doesn't work like model S where shifting into reverse gives you a unique mirror setting in your own driver profile). I wanted this setting to match my seat position exactly (which I recently changed) and the only practical way to achieve that is to start with your profile, then create a new profile without changing anything, save it, then adjust the mirrors on that profile and save it.

I don't see the driver profile. Could you put a picture?

I don't see the driver profile. Could you put a picture?

Click on the top center - has the diagram of the person and the name of the current profile - it will open up the driver profile menu.
Tesla-Model-3-display.jpg