TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

any way to delete a driver profile?

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by hacer, Mar 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. hacer

hacer Active Member

I've read the manual and poked around the touchscreen, but couldn't find any way to remove a driver profile. Is it possible?

2. hacer

hacer Active Member

I figured it out. On the profiles menu, tap at the very bottom (Driver Profile Settings) then select the profile you want to delete and hit "delete". You can also change the names there. The manual says this is where you can see what settings are saved, but I couldn't figure out how to do that.

The reason I needed this is that I have a "reverse" driver profile that has my normal profile but with a different mirror setting (sadly it doesn't work like model S where shifting into reverse gives you a unique mirror setting in your own driver profile). I wanted this setting to match my seat position exactly (which I recently changed) and the only practical way to achieve that is to start with your profile, then create a new profile without changing anything, save it, then adjust the mirrors on that profile and save it.

3. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

That workaround is helpful to know. I’m waiting for my 3 coming next week and didn’t realize it was missing that feature the S has.

4. Gynob001

Gynob001 Closed

I don't see the driver profile. Could you put a picture?

5. TT97

TT97 Active Member

Click on the top center - has the diagram of the person and the name of the current profile - it will open up the driver profile menu.
    Tesla-Model-3-display.jpg

6. Gynob001

Gynob001 Closed

Thanks
    But I was referring to the deletion of my profile and account in this forum.